Parents of the HS Class of 2010 and college years beyond (Part 1)

<p>That’s the hardest part, Twinmama - I’ve been there.</p>

<p>Just wanted to send a shout-out to alice for her dd’s graduation! I think we’ll watch online and CHEER when her name is called! :D</p>

<p>Ds is feeling much better. We watched a movie, and he stayed awake. Now, they’re watching another. I’ll be curious to see whether he makes it through this one.</p>

<p>G# your “tight as the bark on a tree gene” comment made me laugh as that fits my DD to a T. Of course she didn’t get it from me but my better half so I often find myself encouraging her to live it up a little. My son on the other hand is just like me and needs to be a little less loose with the spending. Funny how genetics work.</p>

<p>TwinMama I too can not believe I’ve reach my 30th college grad anniversary, scary how fast time has gone and seems be to speeding more each year. Enjoy your reunion.</p>

<p>YDS get well wishes to your DS glad to hear he’s on the mend</p>

<p>I have 2 more years til college 30th, in Clarkson (NY). The close friends that we met up with there at 10th and 20th have suggested we start plotting now. It may not be easy - we’ve scattered to CO, NC, TX and WA. </p>

<p>G# - The free military band concerts in DC are supposed to be excellent ([Military</a> Band Summer Concert Schedule 2012 - Washington, DC](<a href=“http://dc.about.com/od/concerts/a/militarybandcon.htm]Military”>http://dc.about.com/od/concerts/a/militarybandcon.htm)).</p>

<p>Thanks for the PVC guys, so far it’s working. The co-op board agreed to meet with S after he gets back from our vacation, so he’s bringing them his application and $300 fee. He said he feels good about this apartment because partly he’s been there twice and seen 3 rainbows. If he could find the pot of gold at the end of those rainbows he might be able to actually afford this apartment… :p</p>

<p>Anyway, he’s coming home for the weekend! It’s like kid swap - D’s gone off to Martha’s Vineyard with some friends, and S is coming home.</p>

<p>P56: our Russian blue was a shelter cat so no papers but if you looked at the breed book pictures & description there was no doubt she was a majority RB. I’d adopt another in a heartbeat!</p>

<p>YDS: good news about D1’s healing!</p>

<p>Laf: great that the board is being flexible with the interview date!</p>

<p>A quick post to say that we arrived safely in MN, as did my mom and sister. I have had a chance to hug both kids, and graduation itself is in a few hours. </p>

<p>Since I’m awake, I put on the coffee.</p>

<p>Thanks, Aliceinw - I’m sure those hugs were wonderful.</p>

<p>Laf - congrats to your S. If he’s gotten this far, things should work out fine.</p>

<p>good morning all! thanks for the coffee alice! glad you had a safe trip</p>

<p>woohoo for safe travels, healing kids and cooperative coops!</p>

<p>robd…i think the mother has her papers, the father is a rescue from the tornado so not sure about him. everything i have read says they are very affectionate and love their owner but are a bit shy with strangers…spoke with my DIL yesterday…her grandmother had a russian blue… apparently not a typical blue…“evil” was the word used LOL</p>

<p>good morning everyone!</p>

<p>aliceinw, hope you have a great time at the graduation!</p>

<p>scualum, Yay for son **!!!<a href=“Those%20are%20baseball%20bats%20with%20baseballs.”>/b</a> No comment from the peanut gallery ;):)</p>

<p>Glad to hear YDS’s S and mdemvizi are on the mend.</p>

<p>Laf, your S is on his way!</p>

<p>GSharp, Glad your D is enjoying the food…errrr, I mean, internship. Freudian slip.</p>

<p>In college news, we received a letter from the school saying that D could potentially graduate in May 2013. I brought it up with her during our last skype, and she thinks she wants to go for it. I am not so sure. She doesn’t have a plan, and the extra year would help in terms of maturity and focus. (This is the Hello Kitty girl.) The Facebook pic by my name happens to be one of her doodles :rolleyes:. So we shall see…she will make an appt with the dean of something-or-other in September.</p>

<p>Have a nice day weekend, all :).</p>

<p>Have fun today Alice!!!</p>

<p>Off to take S3 to the ACT. He is taking it at a different school so I am dropping him off, rather than him driving himself. Hopefully this is his last test (depending of course on the results).</p>

<p>Watching the graduation now! Haven’t caught a glimpse of alice yet.</p>

<p>psychmom…those look like baseball bats to me!</p>

<p>hope alice had a wonderful time</p>

<p>met S2 and got a kitty! sooooo cute. as a russian blue i had all kinds of obvious names i thought were good…like chekov, rasputin etc… but the owner of the cat had shaved a bit of hair on his tail to identify him…as opposed to his brother…and had been calling him “notch”…S2 seemed to like that name! so i guess i’ll hear at some point what name they choose.</p>

<p>Cute kitty!</p>

<p>Just looked for images of “Russian Blue”—beautiful cats!</p>

<p>Son got 4 of his 5 grades…Hurray for A’s! He said “The trend is good.” The 5th one is in the class where he complained the prof was giving NO feedback during the quarter so we’ll see. </p>

<p>It’s grad weekend here for UC and a couple of high schools. Much celebrating going on. :)</p>

<p>Hurray for A’s!</p>

<p>good morning all!!! coffee is ready.</p>

<p>woohoo for A’s mommusic!!</p>

<p>so far no sneezing (or at least no more than normal) will see what happens when the cat is older. munequita i posted more pics on facebook :)</p>

<p>I will look p56.</p>

<p>Can I borrow the PVC? D is not feeling too good, she may be coming down with something and being so far away there is nothing I can do to help</p>

<p>good morning munequita! loading pvc for your D…hope she feels better soon!</p>

<p>Good morning iPeeps! I’ve been on the road with limited internet access - I have a “stupid” phone, not a “smart” phone with internet. I’m way behind on this thread, so just a few comments. I’ve been on the road, passing thru G#'s & IL’s favorite airport for my indoctrination to “all things Southern.” </p>

<p>Sending a shout out to CountingDown & her heroic S2. It’s good to have you back.</p>

<p>★★ Congratulations to alicew’s D on her COLLEGE graduation! ★★</p>

<p>G#: tell your D that one of my favorite freebies in DC is the [Friday evening parade](<a href=“http://www.marines.mil/unit/barracks/Pages/eveningparade.aspx”>http://www.marines.mil/unit/barracks/Pages/eveningparade.aspx&lt;/a&gt;) at the US Marine barracks at 8th & I. The Commandant’s house is one of the oldest surviving public buildings in Washington DC that was not burned by the British in 1814. The USMC Silent Drill Team is amazing & it’s always a treat to hear the Marine band perform John Philip Sousa (he was the director for 12 years). Tickets are free but you need to reserve them well in advance. [Marine</a> Barracks Washington DC Evening Parade Reservation Request Form](<a href=“http://www.mbw.usmc.mil/RequestReservation.aspx]Marine”>http://www.mbw.usmc.mil/RequestReservation.aspx)</p>