<p>Glad you made it home, p56.</p>
<p>hi everyone! I am not the parent of another graduate! No kids in high school! DB- I read your “get it off your chest” post and we had the same thing happen, two extra relatives show up who had not said they were coming, luckily we were able to get open seating spots for them, but would have been a lot better if we knew ahead of time.</p>
<p>Beautiful weather here for a weekend of parties. D2 is off to camp tomorrow working as a counselor all summer and we have D1 for another week before she returns to Chicago.</p>
<p>Congrats to the college grads- alice’s D and CD’s S!</p>
<p>thanks alice…glad you had a wonderful time at graduation and arrived home safely!</p>
<p>gsharp and Parent56 - I like Smirnoff for a name too.</p>
<p>Alice - hope you enjoyed your afternoon. I’d love some time off.</p>
<p>footballmom…still no name as of 5pm!!</p>
<p>How is the weather p56?</p>
<p>About those car talk guys: We’re going to miss them here too. Apparently they’ve rated their call-ins on a 1-5 scale, with 5 being the funniest. NPR said they’ll be replaying the “5s” for at least the next 8 years. I can’t believe they’ve had that show for 35 years.</p>
<p>Mystery solved. BB1 and I were hearing this high pitch squeak, which we also heard last night. We circulated around the house and called outside, thinking it was some animal getting caught by an owl. I also thought maybe the animal was stuck in our chimney. Turns out it was my mom, squeezing her horn, in a feeble attempt to get my attention. Okay, now i know.</p>
<p>Lima - Oh, we’ll miss Car Talk too! (I think it’s interesting that they are MITers. From wikipedia, “The Magliozzis are long-time car mechanics. Ray Magliozzi has a bachelor of science degree in humanities and science from MIT, while Tom has a bachelor of science degree in economics from MIT and an MBA and DBA from the Boston University Graduate School of Management.” </p>
<p>jackief - Good luck as you start the “no longer hs mom” phase. I can tell you that I missed being able to lament about “my teens”… I could give the short phrase and get knowing nods from other parents. </p>
<p>p56 - Scary stuff! Glad you are safe.</p>
<p>Lima beans - I hope you don’t mind that I laughed hysterically at your mystery noise story! I’m sure it wasn’t funny at the time…</p>
<p>good morning all!! coffee is ready!</p>
<p>laughing over limabean story too! :)</p>
<p>robd/al34… how was the weather in tuscaloosa? heard they were going to get same storm we did</p>
<p>Good morning and thanks for the coffee. </p>
<p>Jackief - I’m going through the same thing, sort of. S2 is a rising HS junior but is working full-time as a lifeguard, while S1 is more or less full-time as a bagger at Kroger. S1 has worked before, but never more than 15-20 hours a week, while this is S2’s first job. I’m delighted that they’re working, but it makes me sad, too - no more relaxed summers! S2 had his time card with him at home the other night, since he was assigned to a different pool the next day. I thought, “OMG! My 16-year-old with a time card! How did that happen?”</p>
<p>Back at work today - the graduation vacay is over, alas. I don’t know how I will do a 5 day work week next week - it’s been so long since I did one.</p>
<p>It is nice having S at home, and D is apparently coming home the day after reunion ends (since she is working that event for money, and has housing till then). I know this only because I got an email from Southwest with a flight itinerary. I guess I will hear from her one of these days.</p>
<p>Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday (and besides, this post will keep us off page 2).</p>
<p>Good morning iPeeps. Doing a drive-by posting from the road. </p>
<p>P56: I’m glad you made it home safely. Sounds like some scary weather yesterday.</p>
<p>Limabeans: sorry to hear about the stresses with your mom but the story about the squeaky horn made me laugh.</p>
<p>I’m following the discussion about the ouster of UVA’s president this weekend & still shaking my head in disbelief over how a Board could be so short-sighted and irresponsible as to force a resignation with no contingency plans in place.</p>
<p>Having fun today. We bought a device to convert videos to DVDs, so youngest S, who is home this week, is parked in front of the computer & video player, watching himself & his siblings as kids. :)</p>
<p>We saw a commercial that S#2 made when he was in 5th grade and I joked that we should put it on Youtube. He’s now 23, almost 24, and MUCH hairer! Amazing.</p>
<p>^er, <em>hairier</em></p>
<p>And I missed the cutoff time for editing that post!</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>Wow. Important? or monied?</p>
<p>Munequita must be on a break! Page 2 rescue</p>
<p>Was going to bump us to page 1 but lilmom beat me to it! :)</p>
<p>Congratulations to all of the graduates!
</p>
<p>P56: So, it’s been a few more hours any word on a name?? </p>
<p>Lima: Love the mom story! </p>
<p>S2 left for his job on campus Sunday. He’s in a 4th floor dorm room and the elevator was not turned on for move in. Not fun climbing all those stairs! He started yesterday and I will be shocked if he lasts the whole 9 weeks! This job entails lots of hours and most weeks 7 days a week so this will be a total shock for a kid who has never had a real job! I think in his mind he will just keep repeating it’s only 9 weeks, it’s only 9 weeks…! The money will be good and then he will have about a month home before school begins but still. I told him on Sunday that this was bothering me more than when he left in September. I guess I’m just not ready for him to be gone all of the time. :(The other thing is that he needs to call housing because for some reason they don’t have him listed so he can’t get cable. This is one who boy needs his cable tv–he’s the one who knew the names of all the models on Deal or No Deal!! And he will go into withdrawal without Comedy Central! He can watch a lot of stuff on his computer so thank goodness for the internet! </p>
<p>~~~waving to everyone–Back to my cave!</p>
<p>Frantically packing for a cruise that we are going on with some friends. I’m always a last minute person and now I’ve been told about formal dinners, themed dinners, etc. My friend sent me a shopping list that includes baggies, mini power strip, hanging shoe bag, duct tape! Am I going camping on a boat?</p>
<p>still no name for cat proudnj!! i changed my mind and think he should call it “corgi”… that is what he really wanted (a corgi dog) soooooo he can say he got his corgi</p>
<p>S2 shocked me when they got their internet…they didnt get any tv service… i guess they all watch shows online now?</p>
<p>good luck tpo your son on his job proudnj!</p>
<p>have a great time on the cruise lilmom!</p>
<p>mommusic…what device did you get…i always think we should convert our videos but have no idea what to get to do it</p>
<p>P56 - How about “Lara” (from Dr Zhavago) ?</p>