Parents of the HS Class of 2010 and college years beyond (Part 1)

<p>Sending PVC good vibes to wife of IL!</p>

<p>There is some good news here. For those who remember my D’s friend who was accused of an awful crime and insisted he was innocent… well 21 months later they have decided to drop the charges. WHY it took 21 months for them to figure out they had no case, I do not know. Justice delayed is justice denied - especially if you’re falsely accused.</p>

<p>As for “House Hunters,” H is addicted to House Hunters International. S texted me from his beach trip with friends: “Dad would be proud. We came in from the beach and now we’re watching House Hunters International.” H and I get really mad when people on House Hunters complain about paint colors or carpet colors. Really? Do they not know that paint is cheap and carpet has to be replaced periodically? :p</p>

<p>lol laf… i’m just the same… dont understand why people cant see past the wall covering.</p>

<p>coffee is on! I don’t get to say that often!</p>

<p>Thanks for the good wishes for DW. She appreciative, if somewhat :o that I put it out there. </p>

<p>Re Rocky and Bullwinkle - the adult humor embedded in that cartoon could be pretty high falutin. in one episode they are in the arabian desert somewhere and a jewel encrusted model ship falls out of the sky and hits Bulwinkle in the head. Rocky picks it up and identifies it as the “Ruby Yacht of Omar Kahyyam” :rolleyes:</p>

<p>Good morning!</p>

<p>More positive vibes for IL’s DW and others who may need them.</p>

<p>D loves her new Macbook Air - so much that I have caught her awake at 6am two days in a row.</p>

<p>good morning all!! thanks for the coffee IL! pvc vibes directed to wifeofIL!!</p>

<p>psychmomma…have to admit they are nice!</p>

<p>Good morning. :)</p>

<p>Long time no post. It’s been about 2 weeks since my niece’s emergency, which coincided with graduation week. Things are calmer now. Commencement is over, party cleaned up, house guests gone, and we’re just happy to be getting back to normal. </p>

<p>I’ll try to read over the last few pages and catch up on all your news. In the meantime, {{hugs}} and applause to everyone who needs them or deserves them. </p>

<p>Have a great Thursday. :)</p>

<p>LAF - Oh! I just saw your post above! Thank heaven your D’s friend is cleared. Prayers answered! That’s wonderful, wonderful news!</p>

<p>Continued ~positive vibes~ for wifeofIL.</p>

<p>Going to see my parents today for their 60th wedding anniversary. :heart:</p>

<p>Forgot to say that ds1 gets the splints out of his nose today. He’s excited about that. I can’t wait to see if it’s going to help like I had hoped.</p>

<p>hmmmmmm… just saw text from S2 sent in middle of the night</p>

<p>is this the name?? </p>

<p>Rasputin Kilmowsky!</p>

<p>Thanks for all the hugs and positive vibes for all who need them … that would be me today. Its a long story but I’ve kind of painted myself into a corner and have done all I can to help myself get out of it. The rest is up to other people. It’s pretty high stakes and it’s wearing on my mind.</p>

<p>YDS - happy anniversry to your parents. 60 years is really something special!</p>

<p>pointing the pvc your way footballmom! hope things work out</p>

<p>happy anniversary to yds’s parents</p>

<p>Good morning! </p>

<p>Positive thoughts to Footballmom!</p>

<p>All my chicks are back in the roost! I picked up S2 last night. Halfway finished! He feels like he was in the A minus range, so we will see when the grades come out. Move out was very painless. I stayed with the car and it took him two loads with the cart to move everything. Now everything is in a pile in the house. I will give him a day to recover and then he needs to do some serious organizing.</p>

<p>Happy Anniversary to YDS’s parents! 60 years really is an accomplishment and a milestone. Hope you will all get a chance to celebrate.</p>

<p>Not much happening here. S has been taking a few days to do “not much”. He still has a couple of weeks before his job starts.</p>

<p>YDS: Happy Anniversary to your parents! :D</p>

<p>Footballmom: Sending you positive thoughts for today. </p>

<p>P56: Rasputin! I love it! </p>

<p>All alone at work right now so I am enjoying the peace and quite. Hopefully the phone won’t ring and I can get some needed work done. </p>

<p>~~ Waving to BuandBC! Wishing everyone a great day! :)</p>

<p>false alarm :slight_smile: still no name for cat…think its the naming by committee that is causing the problem</p>

<p>@parent56
[Popular</a> pet names](<a href=“http://www.sfgate.com/webdb/petnames/]Popular”>http://www.sfgate.com/webdb/petnames/)</p>

<p>Coffee is on me this morning as I got up at 4:15AM to catch an early flight home!!!</p>

<p>YDS – Congrats to your parents, but please don’t let DW know that she may be stuck with me for 60+ years. :eek:</p>

<p>Footballmom – Hope you make it out of the corner.</p>

<p>Psychmomma – Congrats on the grades. A word of warning, you haven’t lived until you have tried to troubleshoot your kid’s Macbook network problem while she is in Europe… just wait!</p>

<p>P56 – I hate to break the news to you, but by definition, the cat’s name is Voldemort. ;)</p>

<p>Re: House Hunters – So, I’m not the only one who yells at people for picking the “wrong” house, whining about the most mundane things, or just seem far too whiny in general? On multiple occasions I have thought, “Thank God I am not married to her.” (I’m sure the feeling would be mutual ;)) I think that you have to be a “10” on the Whiny Scale just to get on the show.</p>

<p>DW and I are scheduled to be bad parents and go to the beach w/o our kids for our anniversary this weekend. We think that D2’s eyes must be better. Using DW’s logic, “I haven’t heard from her so she must be OK.” However, she did finally hear from D2 last night and score one for DW, she got a “You were right” from D2! DW told D2 to be sure to not just work while in DC, but take time to get out, meet people, etc. The word from D2 is “You were right… I literally have something planned every night for the next 2 weeks.” (If she says “literally”, rest assured she means “literally” as she is quite literal :rolleyes:) You gotta take those “You were rights” when you can get them. :wink: I’m off to take a nap on the plane and just keep repeating to myself… “Tonight you’ll be on the beach… Tonight you’ll be on the beach…” Have a wonderful weekend all!!!</p>

<p>G#—thanks for the coffee but yours has been on the burner for 2 hours! I’ll make a fresh pot. ;)</p>

<p>About to go for a walk with a fellow parent of kids the ages of mine. Fun times. :D</p>

<p>good morning all…thanks for the coffee!!</p>

<p>esobay…thanks for the link, and to all thanks for the suggestions, passing them on</p>

<p>robd… just letting you know albus was on the list of possibles…i said he couldnt use that one… there was already a wonderful kitty with that name LOL!</p>

<p>have fun at the beach gsharp!!</p>

<p>on college front…S2 has 3 exams monday…physics, english lit and genetics!! guess the condensed summer schedule means crunch time with exams</p>

<p>necessary repairs and updates moving along on the house…think they are at electrical now…S2 and roommate not liking the 7 am wakeups for contractors coming in though :)</p>

<p>Good morning and TGIF! :)</p>

<p>Question for the dads here: What do you want for Father’s Day?</p>