<p>Lima - ouch! Take care of yourself!</p>
<p>sorry about kidney stones lima!! hope you feel better soon!</p>
<p>well i did really well at the mall, great sale going on, so proud of my purchases (lots for me too
) and how much money i saved with the sale… humming along to the radio coming home on a basically isolated, paved county road…oooops! first speeding ticket ever!</p>
<p>Empathic ouch here for limabeans!</p>
<p>And ouch to the speeding ticket. Man, doesn’t that just kill your good mood? :(</p>
<p>We are excited about a party tonight. A friend of a friend does Punch and Judy shows. Yep, the real deal. Expecting good food and drink and wacky fun!</p>
<p>he put it down as 70 in a 55…ouch… i’m honestly not sure…but probably right. there is no traffic on that road, and there he was at the other side of a hill. as its my first ever, i think they might let me do drivers school, pay the fine (and fee for school) but then it isnt on your record…will have to call the court monday</p>
<p>Oops, sorry for the confusion. DH is the one with kidney stones, not me! Not even sure women get kidney stones, but I guess they do. So DH is now at the hospital. Geez. I couldn’t get there fast enough. And it was packed. Who’d guess on a beautiful Saturday that everyone would want to spend it inside a county hospital? Too bad he had to be in a bed out in the hallway, but maybe it worked out. DH was in SUCH pain and getting such empathetic glares that he immediately got pain killers. He’s resting “comfortably” on a gurney now.</p>
<p>P56, too bad about the speeding ticket. Will all the money you saved for clothes on sale now have to pay for a speeding ticket?</p>
<p>mommusic, sounds like lots of fun. I saw a Punch & Judy show in England once. Can’t remember where we saw it, but I know it was in England. (DH will remember.)</p>
<p>“Go on and write me up for 125
Post my face, wanted dead or alive,
Take my license and all that jive,
I can’t drive … 55!”</p>
<p>On of my favorite songs from my misspent youth!</p>
<p>probably lima… will have to ask S2 or S1 how that driving school thing works, they have both been. think the ticket alone will be 159!</p>
<p>lol footballmom… actually no one drives 55 on that road… the state trooper was a nice guy…didnt make me feel too bad! but he is making his money today…told me he had already pulled over a lot of people, one doing over 100 and another that was a DUI. </p>
<p>not an excuse but i know how it happened…i have needed new tires for a bit, car would shake at 60-65 so i knew when i hit that speed…got new tires last week and now no “warning” shake/shimmy</p>
<p>jc, we’re heading out early tomorrow or I would have loved to have met you. If only you had wandered into the McDonald’s on Camp Bowie yesterday!</p>
<p>Do all iPhones have hotspots? I’m at my parents’ using my brother’s iPhone to get internet. Yea!</p>
<p>lima, sorry to hear about your dh’s kidney stones. :(</p>
<p>I’m on babysitting duty with my dad while Mom goes to church. Wow, I feel for those of you who do this full time! He wants everyone’s constant attention. I told my kids that I feel sorry for them when dh and I get old! Ds2 asked why, what will be the matter with us, and I said probably nothing but I bet we’ll still demand a lot of attention!</p>
<p>YDS, you should extend your prayers to your mom. I really think my mom was so busy with my step-dad that she didn’t have time to be sick or needy herself. She’s been making up that time she missed ever since that he passed 5 years ago. Tonight we’re going to watch Jane Eyre on CD. Whoopie!</p>
<p>P56, love that rationale! Darn new tires. We have roads like that around here, only they aren’t posted at 55 mph, but at 25. I got a “warning” for going 40.</p>
<p>too close to the bottom of the page</p>
<p>Happy Father’s Day to all of the fathers on and off this thread! I hope you are able to enjoy your day!</p>
<p>Our plans consist of going shopping for my dad (last minute as possible), making some crab cakes, and going to dinner at my cousin’s house for a cookout. Maybe the beach somewhere in there if it isn’t like today - extremely high tide, lots of foam, and rough surf.</p>
<p>Florida just played horribly in the College World Series. Off to the loser’s bracket we go…</p>
<p>Happy Father’s Day!!!</p>
<p>coffee is ready!</p>
<p>my sons are definitely enjoying my speeding ticket! but both were amazed at what road i got it on…“there are NEVER cops on that road”… “no one goes 55”</p>
<p>Good morning and thanks for the coffee, p56.</p>
<p>Happy Fathers Day!!</p>
<p>Off to yoga class now. . .</p>
<p>Happy Father’s Day to our wonderful CC dads (and you know who you are)!</p>
<p>We’re celebrating Father’s Day with a nice bike ride, ~15 miles since we rode 28+ miles yesterday, which is respectable given the fact that the only thing my backside has had contact with over the past 2 weeks is an airplane or restaurant seat. S2 & DH are going golfing later this afternoon when S2 gets off work. S2 is working 3 jobs right now: his internship (M-F), lifeguarding on the weekends (Sa-Su), & private swim lessons in the evenings.</p>
<p>P56: sorry to hear about the speeding ticket. Oops.</p>
<p>Sending healing wishes to YDS’s dad & lima’s DH - I hope all are feeling better today.</p>
<p>Happy Father’s Day to one and all!</p>
<p>YDS, I can relate. I was the “babysitter” for my MIL when H and Ss would take FIL to church. FIL waited on her hand and foot and she expected the same from everybody, and it was hard to take, even for a few hours. Now, my dad isn’t doing so well. He’s in the health care (read: nursing home) wing of their retirement community. His short-term memory is shot and he has some continence issues, but he insists he’s well enough to be in their apartment and have my mom take care of him. My mom is in relatively good health for 80 but if she had to take care of my dad full-time that would go right out the window. She spends several hours a day with him, but at least she can go home to the apartment and get some rest and down time. My hat is definitely off to all caregivers … it’s something I know I couldn’t do!</p>
<p>Happy Father’s Day!</p>
<p>We are on vacation in Orlando
We made it through S’s graduation and 18th birthday, now everyone is an adult. :eek: Since I planned and organized this whole trip, I figure that’s at least have of the Father’s day gift for H. The kids and I also got him some books and clothes, but the big thing is that I stumbled upon one of his favorite candy bars from his youth, Skybars, and bought him a few. :)</p>
<p>Happy Anniversary to the G#s!</p>
<p>Sending healing thoughts to all those that need them.</p>
<p>congrats for b’days and graduations 2mom…have fun in orlando</p>
<p>agree footballmom… hats off to caregivers!</p>
<p>have fun at yoga alice</p>
<p>pvc still pointed at wifeofIL and all others that need it.</p>
<p>happy anniversary and beach time to gsharp!</p>
<p>hoping the kidney stone issue is resolved for lima’s H!</p>
<p>we have name for kitty (i think…as of 10pm this was the name but who knows if it will change) Dmitri Isadore Kilmowsky… Diz for short. </p>
<p>cleaning out my closet today…yuck!!! some is good as in now too big, some things i am looking at saying “why did i buy that in the first place?”</p>
<p>:heart:
Happy Father’s Day to our awesome cc dads:heart:
</p>
<p>:) Love the name Kilmowsky! :)</p>
<p>Dimitri Kilmowsky sounds like a character from an animated Pixar movie.</p>