<p>Sorry Lima!!</p>
<p>that just sucks lima!</p>
<p>Reason: “your peers are faster than you; it’s not working out.” This, after 21 months as an “intern”. Why couldn’t they say something like: it’s the economy, there’s been a credit downgrade…blah, blah, blah. But they didn’t.</p>
<p>lima = Sorry to hear this bad news.</p>
<p>alice - I’ll definitely fill you in about the Biltmore when we get back. I’ve been before, my H has not. I went with a group of women the first time. We had fun…they have a winery…</p>
<p>RobD - I’ll wave back at you. I’ll be in my CRV!</p>
<p>Lima,I’m sorry to hear your bad news. That stinks. We haven’t had to do this in while but here we go: Reversing Polarity of the Orbiting Positive Vibes Collector and pointing it directly at an insensitive Lout of a hedge fund"manager". Setting output to Maximum Discomfort. FYI, unsubstantiated studies have shown prolonged exposure at this level will result in fungal infections. ;)</p>
<p>Hm, fungal infections? Warts may be better, specially on the nose. </p>
<p>And we have pitchforks also, ready?</p>
<p>Lima - So sorry about BB1’s misfortune. Rest assured that there are lots of us that would not be quick enough on data entry. May he find a good home soon, where he can use more of his analytical skills too.</p>
<p>Fbmom - I wasn’t suggesting you try to take a car away. Just wanted to share that I had an experience where I learned that Eagle Scouts (gasp) have been known to procrastinate near the end. Not having scouts, it was a surprise to me.</p>
<p>good morning all…coffee is ready</p>
<p>fungal infection and wart pvc rays heading at the lout!!! </p>
<p>heading to bham today to see S2,</p>
<p>Hi folks. We’re back from our 5 day cruise to Bermuda. It was SO much fun. The weather report was for rain from day 2 onward - luckily the weather report was WRONG!
Scattered showers the first day, and beautiful sun and 75 degrees the rest of the trip. Found some secluded beach coves just down from the big tourist beach (Horseshoe Bay). Went to St. George’s. Took a “Sunset Pirate Glass Bottom Cocktail Cruise” which turned out to be a highlight. It was a clear calm night with no moon, so a mile out from the island we saw more stars than I’d ever seen in my life. </p>
<p>It’s fun to have kids who are adults (well, D is 20 but… close enough). We shared a bottle of wine at dinner, had a few drinks in the jazz club while enjoying an excellent band one night, and went to the casino one night. Gave D $20 in chips (S is 23 and has a full-time job, he bought his own drinks and chips), and hit the roulette table. The wheel was not kind to S. D was up to about $60 before things went south… The dealer was really friendly to D, who was clearly a novice. He said, “This game is very easy. You put your chips down, and I take them!” And it turns out S likes martinis… who knew? </p>
<p>Lima, torch and pitchfork are ready for that lout at the hedge fund!</p>
<p>Lima - BB1’s boss sounds like a first-class jerk! But, as BB1 will see, karma’s a ***** and what goes around comes around. This guy will get his. And he’ll learn that living well is the best revenge!</p>
<p>Colorado_mom - I knew what you meant. The truth is, some Eagle prospects have parents who are more motivated than they are (I can think of one particular dad right now
) and the kids may be displaying a little passive-agressiveness.</p>
<p>Just dropping by to say I’ve got my pitchfork at the ready, if called upon.</p>
<p>Happy Friday to all.</p>
<p>Lima: So sorry for BB1. :(</p>
<p>Laf: Glad you had a great time on the cruise! </p>
<p>BUandBC: Have a great time! :D</p>
<p>IL: Loved the good news!</p>
<p>RobD: How many hours now till vacation? ;)</p>
<p>P56: Have a safe trip.</p>
<p>I could really use some good thoughts for later this afternoon.</p>
<p>Ditto, PNJ. And directing the PVC to her for this afternoon.</p>
<p>Good Morning!! Happy Friday!!</p>
<p>Ditto PNJ and YDS!</p>
<p>Last day of school was yesterday (finally) for S3. He is now a senior! How in the world did that happen??? Today he has his orientation for his sailing instructor job (which starts Monday). He had a good year, but may have gotten his first B in AP English. We will see when the report card shows up. The poor guy only got a couple hours break and I started nagging him to make a spreadsheet detailing all of his summer homework (AP Physics, AP Calc, AP Gov, & AP English Lit all have summer homework). No rest for the weary. My goal is for him to have his admissions essays done by the end of the summer. Stay tuned to see if I am successful.</p>
<p>S2 seems to have finally recovered from finals. The grades are trickling in and so far, so good. He played basketball in some sort of league last night. The good news is he scored 18 points, the bad news is he has a shiner from getting head-butted. </p>
<p>D1 starts her masters program on Monday. She is upset that her summer was “so short”. Welcome to the real world baby!!</p>
<p>The best news is, after today, I have the next 2 weeks off work, with no plans!! Woo hoo!!</p>
<p>Got a new pitchfork ready</p>
<p>[Google</a> Image Result for <a href=“karlkuemmerling.com”>http://karlkuemmerling.com/store/media/189/18900100.jpg](<a href=“http://www.google.com/imgres?q=pitchfork&hl=en&client=safari&sa=X&rls=en&biw=1360&bih=783&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&tbnid=nCRYI8BWgueHtM:&imgrefurl=http://karlkuemmerling.com/store/product842.html&docid=eqUT1GISpmKsAM&imgurl=http://karlkuemmerling.com/store/media/189/18900100.jpg&w=461&h=461&ei=kJLkT6ibO6n86gGrv8GtCg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=655&vpy=312&dur=142&hovh=225&hovw=225&tx=127&ty=143&sig=118235954431258567552&page=1&tbnh=128&tbnw=123&start=0&ndsp=34&ved=1t:429,r:13,s:0,i:180]Google”>http://www.google.com/imgres?q=pitchfork&hl=en&client=safari&sa=X&rls=en&biw=1360&bih=783&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&tbnid=nCRYI8BWgueHtM:&imgrefurl=http://karlkuemmerling.com/store/product842.html&docid=eqUT1GISpmKsAM&imgurl=http://karlkuemmerling.com/store/media/189/18900100.jpg&w=461&h=461&ei=kJLkT6ibO6n86gGrv8GtCg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=655&vpy=312&dur=142&hovh=225&hovw=225&tx=127&ty=143&sig=118235954431258567552&page=1&tbnh=128&tbnw=123&start=0&ndsp=34&ved=1t:429,r:13,s:0,i:180)</a></p>
<p>Can I get it in purple???</p>
<p>Change of plans, I will need the PVC on Monday afternoon instead.</p>
<p>“I’m free! I’m free! And freedom tastes of reality …”</p>
<p>Yea!!! ^^^^</p>
<p>Lima - So sorry to hear about BB1 and the job. I really hope he can get something suited to him soon. Pitchfork is sharpened and ready for action.</p>
<p>Laf - I did not realize you were doing the cruise to Bermuda. I’m so glad you enjoyed the island. H grew up not too far from Horseshow Bay. We like the little beach at Horseshow as it is quieter and you can see lots of colorful fish swimming just when you wade knee deep in the water. Did the ship also go to Dockyard? My SIL and her H are not far from Dockyard as they live in Somerset. </p>
<p>Happy Friday to all!</p>