Parents of the HS class of 2010 - Original

<p>RobD and PMK: Congrats on the NMF for your D and S!!! :slight_smile: </p>

<p>Best to those still waiting for NMF official word. Like ILoveLa and Keil, D is still waiting.</p>

<p>PMK: Glad that your back is feeling better.</p>

<p>YDS: Best of luck with your surgery tomorrow. </p>

<p>Hope all with snow and any more coming are dealing okay. We are also expected to get “significant” snow tomorrow night into Wed.</p>

<p>ML: Sorry your DH’s flight was delayed and hope that your S’s injury heals quickly.</p>

<p>Happy Monday all! Soooo glad to be back home in Texas. It may be rainy and chilly :frowning: but it’s home :)</p>

<p>PMK and DB - CONGRATS to DB’s D and PMKJr!!! What wonderful news!</p>

<p>mommusic - Sorry to hear the trip to Israel was canceled. But hopefully another opportunity (other than taking senior year again LOL) will present itself.</p>

<p>1sttimemom - Hope you and your D have a great trip to FSU. Break legs to your D at her AU audition as well!!!</p>

<p>YDS - Hope the day surgery goes well. I for one think you should post here while under the influence of pain medications ;)</p>

<p>Keil and CD - Hope the weather doesn’t delay the sending out of the Swat EDII notifications. And here’s hoping the news headed your way is positive!!</p>

<p>lilmom, YDS, Momof10… I agree with all who are experiencing the swing of emotions regarding sending our “little ones” off to college! My D auditioned for the Liverpool institute for Performing Arts yesterday. Yes, in Liverpool, England, founded by Sir Paul McCartney! So excited for the opportunity for her to even audition for the program and we would be of course thrilled if she was accepted. But I am also terrified she will be accepted and actually go. Of course now those schools she applied that are actually in this country don’t seem so far away.</p>

<p>Finally a letter in the mail today from UDel… I was named one of 100 finalists for the Distinguished Scholars competition. Ironically, I’ve still yet to receive formal admission from the university (it’s rolling for in-state).</p>

<p>The registration deadline isn’t until next month, so I will wait on a letter from Swarthmore, hopefully coming later this week…</p>

<p>Keili, Congratulations!!! How wonderful!</p>

<p>Congrats, Keil! Still have fingers crossed for your Swat letter!</p>

<p>Keil: Congrats!!! And also sending and feeling good vibes for your Swat II letter.</p>

<p>Austinmtmom: Welcome home to you and D! Glad you are safe. There’s no place like home :)</p>

<p>Today S received notification of Nat’l Merit Finalist standing! He is the only boy in his class of about 570 students to get it. S and 4 girls. :D</p>

<p>Congrats to Keil and to BengalMom’s S! Woo hoo!!!</p>

<p>Seems to be all kinds of wonderful news today…NMFs…scholarships at Delaware…absolutuly terrific! Sorry to all those with not so good news and operations.</p>

<p>I just dropped D and her Dad at the airport to attempt to fly to Houston. So, far they are through security, the instrument was accepted as baggage and the plane is only delayed by 2.5 hours. They should arrive in Houston just after midnight (east coast time). Then, they need to rent a van and drive to Rice! Her audition is tomorrow, so “fingers crossed” that they make it and she is not exhausted. Our house was a mess of nerves all weekend. My Ss actually decided to go shovel at one point because she was just a mess and throwing a hissy fit.</p>

<p>The next hitch is getting them home from Houston on Wednesday! The roads here are not very good yet. Even the major highways will have 4 lanes suddenly reduce to 3 or 2 due to snow. Still lots of stranded cars that need to be clear. And trees down blocking roads! Sigh…I hate snow and cold and snow!</p>

<p>Wow austinmtmom – the Liverpool audition sounds very exciting! Kind of gives me shivers (as one old enough to remember -barely- seeing the Beatles on Ed Sullivan!)</p>

<p>Congrats to your NMF S BengalMom!! Quite impressive, that what I call a BMOC! :)</p>

<p>MuppetMom: Wishing the best and safe travels to your DH and D. “Break a leg” with her Rice audition and hoping for a smooth journey back home…</p>

<p>NMF Finalist - way to go PMK and BengalMom!!! </p>

<p>Keil - great news from U of D!!!</p>

<p>MuppetMom: Hope that the journey goes well and that she knocks em dead at Rice!!!</p>

<p>MuppetMom - So glad your D and her Dad are headed to Houston. Hope her audition with Rice is a home run!</p>

<p>Congratulations PMK and Keil!!! I’m so excited by all this good news.</p>

<p>

Sounds like he’s in great company (or they are). Congratulations!</p>

<p>Mainelonghorn, I would love to send you my snow.</p>

<p>Congrats to all- stay warm- welcome home AustinMom!</p>

<p>What great news all around for all - CONGRATS!</p>

<p>In a truly rare event the government has closed again tomorrow so my office will again be closed. I almost will feel guilty staying home since I could get in to work - but not quite guilty enough to go :)</p>

<p>Congrats to all the NMFs!</p>

<p>Expecting up to 10 inches tomorrow night…I’m SO excited!</p>

<p>

It’s important to have the right priorities.</p>

<p>Ok, so I’m a twisted and evil mom, but sometimes you have to get revenge when you can. D just got an email at her college email address from one of her colleges thanking her for her tuition deposit and commitment. SHe hasn’t even heard from the top 2 choices, so no deposit was made, but it was as much fun as I’ve had in a while yelling “surprise! look what dad and I decided for you.” Priceless.</p>

<p>congrats to the NMFs and gl on the auditions!</p>

<p>:cool: :cool:</p>