Some will say - are you really paying that much ?? To many, yes
Value is in the eye of the beholder.
2A) - I set a $50K target. So I’d never be in the position. And I didn’t want to apply - and then see kind of thing - given my target. But I don’t see a school on here I’d be willing to pay for - except maybe NYU for business. Maybe…but when push came to shove, heck no.
Nothing says college kids and community - stay safe - like half price beers at 9A.
UTK sold so much booze and made so much $$ when President Trump visited - they opened early due to security - that now they’re to do the same each week, offering 50% off booze for the first hour they open.
I’m still trying to figure out how someone who is a mere 29 yo didn’t know that the internet is forever. Portland has had a big gambling scandal, they fired Kevin Calabro, there’s been talk of moving the team, if they don’t get a new arena, so of course they’re going to dump him right quick
Too many on FB are of the opinion that “boys will be boys” and it shouldn’t count.
He wasn’t 29 when he did the offending act. He was a young teenager.
But yes, he’s learning the hard way.
I actually wondered how it was discovered now, but not earlier.
Calabro is very good - at least on network things. It seems like the Blazers are cutting all costs outside of players - I wonder if it was a salary dump.
But this young man has learned a very hard lesson and I hope he finds a way, is given a chance to redeem himself - which doesn’t necessarily mean on air.
I don’t think this is a boys will be boys thing - it was hurtful and wrong and I don’t now him or the situation but apparently the comments were directed toward people of Asian descent.
I meant that he’s now 29, grew up on social media, and no one told him as a child/teen that he should not put racist and misogynistic stuff out there? My offspring are 35 and 33 and they had that drummed into them. At the bare minimum he should have deleted his accounts or made them private years ago.
The FB posts I’ve seen have a lot of people excusing his posts as a very much he was young and he was a boy and boys don’t have fully developed brains until they’re in their 50s or thereabouts (j/k, late 20s)
Given the animosity that the trailblazers have brought upon themselves, I’m sure there were gazillions looking for something, anything.
KC was the voice of the Sonics, and he, like the Sonics are sorely missed here.
Honestly, I’m not sure if it’s a lesson you learn that from but rather the action of those around you. I truly believe racism is learned at home.
We forgive people in society for many things and I hope this young man finds a way to redeem himself.
But I’m quite surprised it wasn’t discovered earlier.
Don’t know - wasn’t there.
My kids weren’t told that - but rather about things like dressing too liberal for dad (to head off comments - no, it’s not a double standard - only one dressed in a way that made me feel uncomfortable, the other was always fully clothed). They weren’t not to say racist or hurtful things because hopefully they only experienced the welcoming of others.
I will say - they were born into a very diverse community. You may experience a different environment as a young person in So Cal vs - say - a small, rural Southern or Midwestern town. I don’t know this individual’s upbringing.
I had one person in Baton Rouge, raised in rural Louisiana, that I was tight with tell me someone tried to Jew him down on a car deal. He isn’t anti Jewish that I could ever tell but that statement as acceptable to him was learned somewhere, likely at home.
So what you think or experienced or my kids experienced growing up isn’t what everyone experiences. So some did start with a deficiency.
It doesn’t make their actions right. But maybe they need a chance to learn and grow and become better vs being permanently destroyed.
Perhaps these students aren’t ready to leave home. When we lived in Northern Virginia there was such a stigma about spending a year or two at the local community college ( which was good, not as expensive and had transfer agreements) most students/parents wouldn’t consider this option. Perhaps more should.
I also question a report that interviews a few students and tries to turn it into a trend, especially from an organization not exactly know for in-depth and unbiased reporting. There have always been students who drop out of college early for various reasons. Show me some actual data that this is a particular issue with the current generation and I might take it more seriously.
Agree. It’s much more accepted in CA, I think, but even so the parents whose kids are going to CC from our town somehow feel they need to justify why their kids are doing it, especially if they are staying local and not doing the trendy Santa Barbara route.
Our D went from being a JR in HS to spending 3 semesters at CC and then transferred to elite private U as a sophomore. It worked pretty well, under the circumstances. She took german over the summer at local U so she could meet the language requirement for graduation.