Welcome to the Music Major forum! This thread is meant to aggregate some of the most useful information posted by our wonderful forum members over the years.
Please start here: Double Degree Dilemma essay (written by David Lane)
(Even if you do not think you are interested in a double degree!) This essay will give you important information on how to study music: what different offerings are available and how to understand what is right for you / your child.
The “journey” thread is a place for students and parents to discuss the process as it is happening. Here are links to a few journey threads.
- Class of 2025 Undergrad/Class of 2023 Grad: The Tours, the Auditions, the Journey
- Class of 2024 undergrad/Class of 2022 grad: The Tours, the Auditions, the Journey
- Class of 2023 undergrad/Class of 2021 grad: The Tours, the Auditions, the Journey
The pre-screen threads help keep pre-screen information organized for a given class. You can also use them to find out roughly when pre-screen results come out for a given program.
And then of course there are the acceptance threads! Enough said.
- Acceptance Thread for Undergrad Class of ‘25 & Grad Class of ‘23
- Acceptance Thread Undergrad Class of 2024 Graduate Class of 2022
- Acceptance Thread for Undergrad Class of ‘23 & Grad Class of '21
More to explore: Here are a few other threads that members have found particularly valuable over the years.
- Suggestions of Colleges with Music Majors
- Music School Visits
- Reality check: What’s it actually like at ____ now that your kid is enrolled ?
- Music Festival Master List
- Useful Music Links - general links, not necessarily about college programs