Reflections on Plans (a story of frustration)

<p>So on the first day of high school, i dreamed that i would graduate with a 3.95 GPA and a 2400 SAT. </p>

<p>As freshmen year progressed, i was crushed. The high school material was a lot harder than i anticipated, although i was in all the hardest courses. My gpa sunk A LOT due to this year. Then i went on to my sophomore year. I got a grip and started performing well, expecting a 4.0 GPA. Unfortunately, the plan didnt work out in my favor, as a few teachers deemed me unworthy of an A. So i got A-'s...</p>

<p>As Junior year rolled along, SAT's came. Expecting a 2400, i missed my goal... yet again.... by a very very very small margin. Same thing for my GPA.</p>

<p>SO my question is, why the hell do things never work out the way you expect them to? Let me emphasize that i do go to an incredibly rigorous private school.</p>

<p>As i plan my steps in the college process, im just scared that those plans backfire as well and i end up at an institution that i feel that does not challenge me to be the bestest.</p>

<p>Okay you need to shut up.</p>

<p>Your grades are GREAT and so are your SAT scores. Anyway, for top schools..if you break a 2200+ you're fine. REALLY. there are some people out there that can't even break 1900 (like myself..but i'm working on it :) )</p>

<p>You're human so you can't always expect to get a 4.0 or a perfect SAT score...which is kind of a stretch to hope for IMO. Your grades are very good regardless since you take tougher classes.</p>

<p>Just apply to wherever you like--even if you don't think you stand a chance. Admissions works really weird so you never know!!! I'm sure you'll get into some great places :) Your chances are gonna be 0% if you don't even apply...so why not? :]</p>

<p>Oh no, you mean life isnt fair?! Dang it!</p>

<p>^^^ well im pretty sure they want robots, just not as students lol.</p>

<p>Grades and SAT scores are only parts of the application. Make sure you write outstanding personal statements and continue to get involved in the extracurricular activities where you're devoted.</p>

<p>I guess you're just never gonna go to college</p>