Resident of usa for 6 years yet pay out of state tuition?

<p>Hello, I am a canadian, I moved to the states at the age of 15, under my dads business visa, as his family I am allowed to live here as long as visa doesnt expires, but I do not have a social security numbet, credit, etc I have graduated high school from here, now at 20 can not afford to pay out of state tuition… Are ther any financial aid avilable for me? Scholarships? I have already asked my college, no luck there, can’t even get loan, I feel stuck, please help, couldn’t even fill out FASFA, no social. Can’t work either, no credit! My father doesn’t do well enough to finance four out of state tuitions!!!:frowning: please direct me to the right forum if this place is wrong. I live in mass, go to wsu.</p>

<p>WSU as in Washington State University? Wayne State? Winona State? Wright State? Weber State? Westfield State? Worcester State?</p>

<p>Not that it really matters. MA is a state that classifies all students on visas as out-of-state (some other states permit graduates of in-state high schools or international students on permanent or dual-intent visas to pay in-state tuition). The vast majority of financial aid for international students is awarded by universities themselves, at the time of admission. (It seems that you have selected a university without these resources.) Another source (or intermediary) of scholarships would be your home community: your high school, your church, etc. I assume that you have pursued this path already too.</p>

<p>If you can’t get more money, your remaining option is to spend less. Could you transfer to a cheaper university? Could you take some credits for your degree cheaper at a community college and transfer them back to your “main” university? Does your university grant credit for CLEP exams? You might be able to save a semester’s worth of tuition by studying on your own and passing CLEP exams.</p>

<p>Have you ever considered switching to an F-1 student visa? An F-1 visa would get you a social security number and limited work permit. (You can work on-campus less than 20 hours while classes are in session, full-time during breaks; and off-campus after one full school year on the F-1 visa.)</p>

<p>Your last option, which might actually be your best one, is to go back to Canada for college. Canadian universities are probably more affordable, and you would be doing yourself a huge favor by having internships or a part-time job in college.</p>