Say it Here ‘Cause You Can’t Say it Directly—The Get it Off Your Chest Thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS)

Feeling blue today with the official end of our '25 holidays. I was blessed to have had D home for a week, seen family, and had my H home for nearly two weeks (he was working here and there but from home). It was really good quality time and I’m not ready for it to end!

19 Likes

Why would you post such a personal and vicious diatribe on Facebook. Full of half-truths and outright lies. Those that don’t know the story may feel sympathy but those that do see through the self-serving narrative. Not sure how to move on from this.

7 Likes

If I would have scheduled that totally non time important test in January instead of December, I could have met my deductible for this year early, as opposed to very late for last year - UGH! It didn’t even occur to me, but I will pay more attention in the future.

Thinking positively, I guess I’m lucky I’m healthy enough that it was an issue.

11 Likes

For want of a (door) spring, the dishwasher was lost. Sure it’s 19 years old, but I’d rather spend the $$ on something else.

4 Likes

Made the rookie mistake of going to Trader Joe’s right after the university students return from holiday break.

13 Likes

How nice of our Superintendent to send an email reminding us to drive carefully tomorrow morning instead of delaying our calling off school like the surrounding towns. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Two for 1 margaritas are never a good idea, even if it only costs $6.88 for the two!

10 Likes

If I tell you I’m handling it, I’m handling it. Don’t email around me and not tell me. Not cool dear husband!

13 Likes

I’m getting so frustrated with all these fancy devices. I JUST WANT TO WATCH TV! I JUST WANT TO MAKE A COPY ON MY PRINTER! You can practically launch a rocket from these things, but when you want to do a simple task, you get error messages.

25 Likes

Could it really be true? My boss just told me that the plan is by July, departments will be moving out and shifting around our floor. As senior person, I get my pick where to go… At that point, I will have worked here for 29 years and 33 years as an engineer. Never have I ever had a real live office with walls and a DOOR! A DOOR!!! Can you imagine? I am completely giddy, but at the same time I know how plans can change. (This move was supposed to happen a couple of years ago.)

30 Likes

For the past 13-14 years, there’s this one hotel I’ve wanted to stay at. Couldn’t ever afford to do so. There were always other priorities. But now…finally…it’s going to happen later this year. My 2 kids & I are super stoked about this. Mr. Sunshine (aka Negative Ned is his middle name)? “Eh, we’ll see. I’m not convinced.”

Whatever, buddy. We’re not going to let you burst our happy bubble. It’s going to be fun as heck.

18 Likes

Today, we have a whole new meaning to “white lies”. :enraged_face:

18 Likes

Take that, Quickbooks Pro! You’ve finally priced your payroll service so high that I’m jettisoning it after 26 years. I discovered that a local payroll company charges almost exactly what you do, and it means I don’t have to deal with all the tax payments, reports, etc. Whoo hoo!

My next step will be to get our private road association’s account off of QB Pro and onto a cheaper platform so that we don’t have to pay for QB Pro once I’m no longer treasurer (for now, it’s free since I already have an account for our business).

12 Likes

I finally got it my son!
I used to wonder why you liked your grunge look and smell so much!
Spending a weekend afternoon with you, doing various chores, while “cleaned up” in business casual, opened my eyes wide to your daily life.

At every shop, stop and chore, the women just stared at you. I’ve always thought you were a handsome kid, but I thought it was my bias.
These women that stare at you, don’t realize that they are doing so. When you catch them, you, my dear son, appear very uncomfortable, but you handle it well with politeness and kindness. I was very uncomfortable for you!

I now get why you didn’t ever want to participate in the team sports photo calendars.

I get why you had a lot of trouble with a student follower at your college, who wouldn’t take the hint that you weren’t interested, and that you were there to focus on your studies.
Grunge out all you want!

12 Likes

The world has gone mad.

33 Likes

I’m am so glad you’re pressing charges. (Besides, the police office who witnessed it said he’d file charges if you didn’t.) Assault on a healthcare professional is a felony.

24 Likes

Dear S, your father should not be crying because of you. You’re right, at this point I do like your sister more. She didn’t vandalize property, flunk out of college, end up in rehab to avoid responsibility, shoot herself in the leg, and for the grand finale invite a team of federal agents into our home at 6 am to search the premises which resulted in your incarceration for close to 10 years in a federal prison. She also never threated to blow my head off or kill my dog. So yes, there are a lot of reasons why you weren’t able to come “home” for the holidays. The bank is permanently closed.

53 Likes

i gave dh Legacybox for Christmas, and he’s going through tapes to send to them, tapes I haven’t seen in 25-30 years. He’s sending me clips. Man, they are tugging at my heart. Ds2’s first birthday at my brother’s house. He’s so adorable. I was on the phone with ds2 when dh sent them. Ds2 said, “I’ll always be your baby. You know that, right?” And I responded, “I know that. Do YOU?”

This has made me feel old and sad and thankful and happy. :face_holding_back_tears:

23 Likes

Terrible things going on here. This is not okay.

26 Likes

Happy 82nd birthday Jimmy Page - arguably one of the greatest guitarists of all time.

14 Likes