Say it Here ‘Cause You Can’t Say it Directly—The Get it Off Your Chest Thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS)

Hope the US women are going to crush it!! So much talent and fire on ice!!! Let’s fill that podium!!!

11 Likes

If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all.

13 Likes

It’s annoying to be woken at 2 am with a smoke alarm low battery alarm going off. First Alert your products are terrible. This is the third one to go off at the five year mark. So much for sealed 10 year battery. Adding to my annoyance they have to be disposed of at the hazardous waste disposal facility.

9 Likes

49ers? You again? :rofl:

3 Likes

Nice having a DIL who can write computer programs for me. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Saw an inspirational reel with lovely sentiment about leaving behind things that weigh you down in the new year. How the @&#$ am I suppose to do that when the thing dragging me down and causing me stress is husband and his health issues.

34 Likes

How does a person reach adulthood and not know that when a clock chimes it chimes the number of times of the hour?

14 Likes

You’ve moved out of town. Why are you still ■■■■■■■■ your old neighbors? The woman you’ve gone after is an angel. Now everyone is seeing your true colors. You are attacking her because she is everything you will never be.

2 Likes

I just finished episode 1 from this season’s All Creatures Great & Small. Seeing the dramatization of VE Day with everyone united in their joy as WW2 winds down absolutely gutted me. What a time that must have been with the common goal of preserving their country. I love this show so much!

11 Likes

When it happens to you, I wonder if you will blame yourself.

4 Likes

Thanks, Delta. Nothing like waking up to go the airport only to find you flight is already delayed by 2.5 hours.

12 Likes

My Apple Watch Series 5 was dying after only a couple of hours. The first day it happened, I thought I must have put it on the charger when the charger was upside down. Happen again the next day, so figured the watch was pasted it’s prime.

First I was annoyed, but saw I could get the battery replaced at a local place for under $40, or at the Apple store for $99. Apple usually just will give you a refurb watch instead of changing the battery as this watch is now obsolete due to its age. I then saw Costco had the Series 11 $90 off, and thought, ok, I will just get a nice new watch! No need to spend $99 for an old watch that is outdated. I am a sucker for new electronics. :grinning_face:

After researching some possible fixes, I did the easiest thing; I restarted the watch. Dang, it now works perfectly fine and I don’t need that new watch after all. Now I am disappointed! Hopefully I can wait until the fall when the Series 12 comes out before needing a new watch, although I won’t want to pay full price.

15 Likes

Our sous vide machine broke so I bought another one. Anova, it is ridiculous to make a machine that can only be controlled through an app. If my WiFi fails I can’t cook a steak?

And it’s equally ridiculous that setting the cook time sets a timer within the app, but doesn’t turn the machine off.

9 Likes

Dm, Dm, d**m. Our darling niece just had her second child. The baby was born with a skin condition called Harlequin Ichthyosis. It is a hardening of the skin. She is on morphine because of severe pain. Her parents can’t even hold her. So very, very sad. Prayers, please.

64 Likes

I know that you are embarrassed to reach out to me. You should be.

10 Likes

I’ve been trying to book an appointment with a medical specialist. I called and left messages with their staff twice, and no one bothered to call me back.

Then I noticed they had a contact form on their website to book appointments, so I used that. A few hours later, I get an email response. Does it tell me if they can schedule me? No! It tells me I have a “secure message” waiting that I can only read by going to their website.

But I can’t just read it. I have to create an account. And is that just an email address and password? Nope. I have to enter a ton of personal information, medical history and my insurance details — all before I even know if they can see me or if I even want to see this doctor.

No thanks! I’ll call a practice where a human can simply tell me whether they have appointments or not.

29 Likes

I forgot to take my phone yesterday when I went to pick up GD for the day. Unfortunately, there was a very bad accident a few miles from D’s house, and I got stuck in standstill traffic. By the time I got to D’s, I was 45 minutes late. D had been trying to reach me, and when she called H, he told her what time I left. D went online and read about the accident, and she thought it was me. When I arrived in her driveway, she came out in tears, and she kept saying, “I thought you died, Mom.” It just ripped my heart out. As helpless as I felt sitting on a closed road without the ability to call anyone, my poor D felt much more helpless not knowing what happened to me.

32 Likes

I am so sick of people telling me there is no way I should let D go to certain colleges for no other reason than the politics of the state where the college is located. I’m so sorry you met a bigoted person from X state, but that doesn’t mean every person from that state is that way and certainly doesn’t make the university crap.

17 Likes