My advice, ONLY transfer to Temple if it is significantly cheaper. Do not go for more expense!
It does not matter that much where you go, it matters what you DO.
I was just trying to point out that going to Rutgers (if your parents would insist) could be more affordable than your current school because in addition to Pell and loans you could most likely get a state grant as well. That would reduce the amount needed to borrow.
If your parents are ok with you staying at UNCW then make them proud. Looks like you are working on it.
You should also try and line up a summer job or internship to earn some money and get work experience.
Temple will not be cheaper. And they will probably not give you the school specific loans UNCW does, and might not accept all your credits, which will set you back.
You will be a junior next year. Doing study abroad (will that semester cost more or less than a regular semester at UNCW?), time will go by fast.
Just tuition alone for Temple Fox School of Business OOS is $34,224 a year
@LBad96, are your parents taking advantage of claiming the AOTC of up to $2,500 on their tax return?
And your professors know you now, so it’s easier to get letters of recommendation for internships
@mommdc - Transferring now, and getting FA at Rutgers, is probably a moot point. Not sure when apps are due for transfer and FA but my guess is real soon. And Temple is $$$.
Ouch. That tuition just hurts my bank account. Rutgers Business School is similar…
What’s the AOTC?
Also, my family’s income is about $60K now. Forgot to mention that in my previous post.
https://www.irs.gov/individuals/aotc
Info about AOTC
Ah. Idk if we’ve used it.
Also, re: study abroad in spring of junior year: I’m planning on either Australia, the UK, or France. Being that I am an OOS student, it will actually cost less to send me abroad for a semester than it will to be on campus at UNCW. Of course, I would do a study abroad program as opposed to an exchange program (which would probably cost even more bc we’d pay UNCW tuition).
If you stick with our plan of being a French minor - and, for an international business major, knowledge of a foreign language is necessary, you won’t be taken seriously, as the 'international ’ part if our major will look weak without actual international experience and you can’t get to a sufficient level of foreign language without being immersed in a country that speaks it… - well, you should go to France, or Quebec, or another French speaking country. There should be relatively inexpensive programs.
Keep working on hose internship and scholarship applications 
@MYOS1634 While I definitely do realize that France (and maybe even the UK) would be more practical, I’m unsure if I’d ever get the chance to go to Australia again. I still have a little bit of time to decide, though.
Done with scholarship apps for now, time to focus on internship apps!!
Oh, and we won last night, locked up the #1 seed in the conference tourney!
Now just to find someone to split a hotel room with me lol
Study abroad is to further your academic career goals, not a vacation. You are also taking classes while there, right? So France would be the prime place to take French classes.
Once you have a degree and earn a salary, you can take a trip to Australia, there are some times of the year when travel is cheaper.
Agree with a French speaking country. Think forward, at your master plan. Also, why the expense of an outside program? Most kids do abroad from either their school or one allied, with an arrangement that is approved and usually some $deal. Credits transfer. Again, you have to look into these details.
And be sure abroad doesn’t screw up credits for a business major.
Of course it’s to further my academic career goals. Why would it not be?
Also, I never said anything about an “outside program”. Cameron is affiliated with/has approved study abroad programs in all three of France (KEDGE Business School in Marseille), the UK (U of Hertfordshire; several students are exchanged between the two schools in recent years), and Australia (U of Wollongong, Western Sydney U, and Curtin U in Perth). I’ve more than done my research on it and met with study abroad advisors three times before the conclusion of last semester. Was also thinking of Swansea U in Wales, but that program is not CSB-approved and I would only be able to transfer over one class for a business major.
Ok, I misread the comment in 308. Good.
Whoops, in 313 I meant “every year”, not “in recent years”. Somehow forgot to edit that out.
I’m in favor of Australia because it’s so hard to get there once you have a career.
French 2nd for language.
You’re 20, right? Of course you would. It would just be a longer flight. ![]()
If you’re open to input from someone who has been to all three, I’d choose France in a heartbeat. Not only would it would also be the best choice career-wise, but the culture, the history, the architecture, and the FOOD are all amazing.
You can always take a vacation to these places and you might even have business trips there one day, but this may be your only opportunity to actually live abroad and fully immerse yourself in an entirely different culture while (as @MYOS1634 said) also learning the language in a way and to a degree that simply isn’t possible unless you spend some time living where they speak it.
Australia is great, but in many ways it’s too similar to the US to experience the kind of personal growth you would in France. The UK would be my second choice, but not as challenging and not as far outside your comfort zone, and we always learn more about ourselves and experience more personal growth the further we step outside our comfort zone and challenge ourselves.
From both a personal growth and career perspective, France is a win/win IMO.
@1Dreamer That is actually a very, very solid persuasive argument.
I would pick France, too. I loved visiting there. People were friendlier than I’d been led to believe they would be.