Specialty Food/Other Holiday Items (TJ's, Costco, Whole Foods, etc.)

@coralbrook That is me with the peppermint JoJo’s! I buy before Thanksgiving and the kids leave with boxes when they go home. I think my husband just opened the next to the last box I have here. We didn’t even make it to Christmas this year; my husband must be related to Cookie Monster! O:-) I won’t buy him the chocolate covered one; he gets enough sugar without the extra chocolate.

Just stopped at TJ’s yesterday to get some stocking stuffer things. I rarely go because i’m mostly tempted by caloric things while shopping there.

Plenty of peppermint JoJo’s left both, both regular and chocolate covered. Got those, chocolate covered almonds, gin gins, and chocolate passports.

Thanks to this thread, I made the drive to TJ’s yesterday. Came home with beautiful poinsettias, peppermint JoJos, praline pecans, and shrimp toast, among other goodies. My cart overflowed.

The first time we saw the special holiday Walker short bread (santa, tree shaped etc.) sprinkled with sugar was in Turks and Caicos a couple winters ago. Now, we look for them all the time. Found the last box at TJ Maxx last week. It wouldn’t be Christmas now without them.
https://www.target.com/p/walkers-shortbread-festive-shapes-pure-butter-cookies-

My 29 year old D now marks the holiday season by purchasing one of TJ’s boxwood wreaths - a steal at something like $10!

Oh I would also add that they have some very good prepared dips to have in the refrig for holiday company, get togethers. Our favs include the TJ roasted garlic hummus (and we don’t like store hummus - this one is very good and only $1.99!), the pub cheese, bacon/cheddar/ranch dip…my SIL swears by their peach salsa.

I got the TJ’s mystery caramel yard. Which is a box about 18’’ long, one candy wide, with 12 different caramel flavors unmarked. One is chili peppers, one mocha, etc. I let my DH have 1.

At trader joe’s I often buy their Pomegranate, Cranberry, or Clementine juice sparklers that come in wine shaped bottles to serve to holiday guests that don’t drink alcohol.
I also got the maple syrup collection from there and the salt gift set. I saw last night that they are also selling a 6 piece set of the Harry & David pears in a nice giftbox.

@TempeMom I saw those yesterday and was tempted! What’s your rating on the quality?

I forgot to mention that I got stroopwafels as well. I think I bought too much to fit in the stockings. :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t forget to pick up the Trader Joe’s mystery bags for $2.99. You get 3 of their shopping bags from different states. I have been giving these to my Ds for the past couple of years at Christmas and they love them.

^^^ I’ve never seen these! Do they have them year around? I didn’t know they had state specific bags…

@showmom858 I also have never seen other state bags, but do have my own state. I will have to look when next in as a couple of my bags need replacing as the handles are becoming unstitched. If I sewed I could mend them, but I don’t and new bags are cheap enough!

Ohhh… remembered of one seasonal item I always buy at Neiman on after Christmas sale: their liqueur cakes. Like this:

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Neiman-Marcus-4-lb-Liqueur-Cake/prod191430332/p.prod

Cardullo’s in Harvard Square had cherry liqueur in small santa boots, package of 5. I only saw them once, but keep looking for them wherever I go.

Just came back from Macy’s in Herald Square to get some holiday boxes of Godiva for some office gifts, all beautiful boxed, all on sale. Same with the Frango Mints…

Sometimes in the past years, Trader Joe’s has had specially boxed chocolate grahams but I haven’t yet seen them. Not that can ever compare with the years gone by and discontinued Nabisco dark chocolate grahams…we also used to buy their frozen chocolate ganache for holiday dessert treat but apparently missing … discontinued perhaps?

This thread has me thinking of foods to make for gifts…might try granola this year.

@bookmama22. Frangomints!!!

@bookmama22 I believe I saw chocolate grahams at TJ’s this weekend - could be wrong but seems like it!

@snowball - the mystery bags are in a brown paper wrapper so you don’t know which state bags you get until you buy it and open. I have many bags from different parts of the country that friends have sent to me from Trader Joe’s.

@showmom858 Are they filled with Trader Joe’s products? (mystery bag)