Yard of caramels is good. Bought another today.
@raclut - you get 3 Trader Joe’s shopping bags (no goodies in them).
For those looking for the Walker Christmas shaped shortbread, my local Home Goods had quite a few at $7.99 today. Good sized box.
@doschicos Is the walker’s shortbread box bigger than this one at Trader Joe’s also for $7.99?
https://www.traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/article/3983
@raclut I believe it was this one, so slightly smaller than the one at TJs, doesn’t have the variety of flavors, but more festive.
https://shop.walkersshortbread.com/festive-shapes-123-oz-p41.aspx
@doschicos Thank you. The one you got is nicer for the holidays and the TJ’s one is good for any season. Our Bed Bath & Beyond has a World Market dept within it where they sell a box with about 6 of the two pack scottie dog walker cookies.
I blame this thread for our purchase of 4.6 pounds of Walkers Kirkland shortbread from Costco today! We bring a few sleeves to various parties over the holiday season so we only eat a few sleeves ourselves. Yum! $20–such a deal tho not festively holiday shapes and such.
I always see tins of Walkers Shortbread cookies but have never bought them. I assumed they can’t be tasty - coming in a tin and not fresh/homemade. To those fans - tell me why you love them. The shape, the flavor?
It’s not bad. I think well-made homemade shortbread is better but for a manufactured product, Walkers is good. Probably because they stick to the classic ingredients of flour, butter, sugar, and salt. No fake stuff. I’m a bit of a food snob and do all my baking from scratch so this is a good endorsement from me. However, I did not buy any today when I saw them. I’ll be baking many cookies over the next week so…
@doschicos We’ll have to have a Shortbread for dummies section because it never comes out right for me.
Picked up some wonderful Niederegger marzipan today. It’s the best in the world.
I will admit we all love shortbread in my family plus we are all too lazy to make it. I do like the Walkers makes theirs without all the artificial ingredients and it reminds me of my trip to Europe when we bought Walkers in the UK airport to bring home as gifts only to learn Costco sold it for much cheaper!