Sorry for this being a re-post from the waitlist thread. We need a decision really quick and would like suggestions. Thanks so much!
Just got a call 2 days ago. DD got a spot in ST Paul’s school from being waitlisted.
SPS is a great school and it has the best ballet program among the top schools. DD is a very active ballet dancer so it is really our dream school.
We already committed to Nobles, Nobles also has a good dance program but not at the same professional level as SPS. And not like SPS, in Nobles dancing can’t be treated as athletic program to fulfill the after school activities requirement. That means, she comes home around 5-6 and has to go ballet training in a local studio, and then come home for homework. I don’t even know if that is doable.
Nobles is day school and DD likes that better than boarding but that’s also because we don’t know much about boarding. It may be the best experience she misses out. She is a friendly kid and makes friends everywhere.
Any suggestions? We have a make a decision very quick and DD and I are both torn.
Edited: We loved Nobles too. It will be very difficult for my daughter to give it up. And even if we decide to, not sure if it is possible at this phase and how bad the financial sacrifices will be.