Stop worrying everybody, you have great chances

<p>Hey everybody, i've been reading post for three months now without participating in any way, and I've come to notice that when people get negative answer to their "chance me" they really get scared. I just wanted to show everybody that they have pretty good chances of getting into college when there are students like me who try to apply.
First of all I applied for financial aid from all the colleges I'm trying to get into. Get a look at this list, all great colleges, very selective: Stanford, Northwestern, Lehigh, Vanderbilt, Middlebury, Washington University in St. Louis.
An advice for international students, apply for financial aid, I know everybody says it decreases your chances but if you get in and don't have enough money to make it through what's the point of getting in?
I'm from Romania, my SAT's aren't the one's you would expect from a student applying to these colleges: Math-590, CR-580, WR-580. And my TEOFL IBT-109. My GPA is pretty good 3.93.
As for activities, i participated in Olympiads but I never made it to the nationals. I'm not the captain of the football team or anything and I've done only some community service, I don't know I never did these things considering foreign colleges.
My teachers aren't used to writing recommandations so I'm not expecting miracles from that side, and even though I've worked really hard on my essays, they just seem too basic compared to some other applicant's essays.</p>

<p>So most of you reading this would wonder why I even tried to apply to those colleges. Even though I don't compare to most of the students who have posted I sent in my application because I had to try. I never asked anybody for chances because you have to chance yourself, if you think you can get in, give it a shot, you should not let others break your spirit just because they have heard that Duke or Harvard is very hard to get into.</p>

<p>I want to wish the best of luck for all those who have sent(it's already 15 JAN so most applications are sent) their application to the colleges they desire, and I hope that seeing this has made you all reconsider your chances:).</p>

<p>That's encouraging, mate. Best of luck for you and hope you get into your dream college. :)</p>

<p>I'm sure you will end up some place great. Good Luck, mate!:)</p>

<p>You have a great attitude! Best of luck to you!!</p>

<p>You'll definitely get into your dream university with such a great attitude!!</p>

<p>Congratulations Cosmin, I was very impressed by this post. You may not have the stats, but you definitely have the attitude! Bafta ;)</p>

<p>thank you!</p>

<p>Goodluck All</p>

<p>I wish you great things Cosmin! :)</p>

<p>People don't get me wrong, I know the post sounds gloomy but I'm thinking positive, if I knew I wouldn't have a shot I wouldn't have applied. So here's to hoping. And by the way Lamassu, are your Romanian too?</p>

<p>That's why I wished you 'bafta', right? ;) Those with such a positive attitude are few and far between these days, at least in my country. I'm sure you have a shot at some of your universities if the personal essays reflect your way of thinking. We'll see...April isn't that far away, is it?</p>

<p>Thanks for the encouragement Cosmin and good luck to you all guys!</p>

<p>Thanks for all the luck wishes.</p>

<p>I wish all the students in the forum would think like you, Cosmin. By the way, what city are you from? Same question to Lamassu.</p>

<p>Thanks angelutza. I'm from Caracal</p>

<p>Your optimism is like a ray of sunshine and hope to my anxiety. Best of luck to you from a fellow Romanian. Să auzim de bine!</p>

<p>I am speechless; great post Cosmin. That said I think we'll stop submitting "chance me" threads. Our apps are submitted, now it's time for the adcoms verdict.
I wish Good Luck to all international students in this forum (especially to those from Eastern Europe ;) ) and I really hope you get admitted at your top choice university and get a lot of Financial Aid :).</p>

<p>great post cosmin...wonderful reading it...really cheered me up.</p>

<p>Wow, I didn't think my post would have such an effect. I'm very happy that I cheered some of you up. I think we all need a little positive thinking now that our applications are sent, just to help us get through these three months:)</p>

<p>It should have such an effect. It is the most encouraging post I've read since I come on this forum! For all these guys who are worried they will not get in with a 2300 or only 7 clubs or only 3.9 GPA, you are a huge support.</p>

<p>I am from Dragasani, by the way. I am so glad I am not the only one from a tiny Romanian town applying to US! Please, add me on Yahoo Messenger!</p>