Stricktly?

<p>So this isnt too important, but i found this typo amusing after i started my application essay. Straight from the online application-</p>

<p>-f) According to J.H. Plumb, "History is now <em>stricktly</em> organized, powerfully disciplined, but it possesses only a modest educational value and even less conscious social purpose." According to George Santayana, "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." Discuss your point of view</p>

<p>I guess someone didnt proof read carefully enough</p>

<p>You didn't proofread either. Proofread is a compound word, not two words.</p>

<p>True, that was a typo, il give you that. Theres some difference though in spelling something wrong on a quick post on college confidential than on the application of an Elite College.</p>

<p>Dean J., please take notice of this.</p>

<p>Sorry to offend amadsjc. I meant my post to be a joke, but after I read it, I realized it came across as anything but a joke.</p>

<p>It is odd that they didn't check themselves before posting the question.</p>

<p>My son's HS website had lots of typos, among them: schedual instead of schedule. It was quite unnerving to realize they were teaching my kids English.</p>