Suggest a few Colleges Please

<p>Will U-M still have an Early Response option?
U-M will change from Early Response to Early Action; our deadline will remain November 1 and decisions will be released by December 23.</p>

<p>Consequently its a good idea to apply Early Action. Remember Early Action is not Early Decision.</p>

<p>Yup, but there's no "apply early, get in" kinda thing anymore :(</p>

<p>Are those scores out of 42 or out of 45? If they are out of 45... congratulations aniruddh, you made my day. Haha.</p>

<p>Well that significantly lowers my UMich chances doesn't it. I'll probably EA UMich then considering I'm no super genius with an ensured seat at Stanford.</p>

<p>Oh do you? I didn't know them too well myself actually. Except for like 4 or 5 of them. Can I consider SUNY Buffalo a safety? </p>

<p>Damn University admissions drive me crazy. The fact that only 2 Indians got accepted into Stanford EA wouldn't mean that RDing would give me a better chance would it? Doesn't sound realistic but asking anyway ^^</p>

<p>Thanks a lot everyone</p>

<p>Epitome: No, EA will always give you a better chance. Don't let the numbers fool you, 2 Indians got in because the no. of applicants who applied EA is less than RD.</p>

<p>aniruddh: The apply early get in early thing is still there, but with fixed dates. Make sure you make it for EA.</p>

<p>^ Dude. SCEA is equally if not more competitive than RD. Go look at the threads on the Yale and Stanford forums. 99.99% of SCEA acceptees had major hooks. They would have got accepted even if they had applied in RD. And this holds true for Indians too. </p>

<p>OP: EA/ED at another college will be much easier. It'll actually increase your chances. But in the end, I'll leave the decision up to you.</p>

<p>They're out of 45! :P</p>

<p>Buffalo can be considered a safety.. Oh I know TA as well, but she shifted to Kodaikanal Intl School from TISB</p>

<p>There really isn't any need to fret so much about the admissions, though its an excruciating process.</p>

<p>@blue: yeah, I'll make it in time for the EA date.. I'll still complete and submit the app by october or something!</p>

<p>prateek: I've searched the first few pages on the Stanford forum. Could you please show me the thread with the following statistic:

99.99% of SCEA acceptees had major hooks



<p>^ Just look up the decision thread.</p>

<p>And these too....
<a href=""&gt;;/a>
<a href=""&gt;;/a>
<a href=""&gt;;/a> <--- Posts 9 and 16</p>

<p>I ctrl+F 'ed "hook" on those pages and got no results, much less a 99.99% of acceptees had major hooks statement.</p>

<p>Ok maybe 90%. URM's, legacies, 2400's, STS's galore. And read those threads. They explicitly say if you're not a strong applicant don't bother with SCEA. Especially considering Stanford defers only 12%ish</p>

<p>So RD would make more sense with my stats than EA? Does Stanford offer ED btw, and would THAT give me an advantage?</p>

<p>I was checking out that Thread about how much applying SCEA would affect one's chances and well, I guess it doesn't help too much. I'm thinking... EA UMich and RD Stanford. </p>

<p>I'm taking the SAT one more time and hopefully I'll get a score that can increase my Stanford RD chances.</p>

<p>Thank you again everyone</p>

<p>P.S: How does Vanderbilt sound for Engineering</p>

<p>I mean, if you really can't find another college to do EA at which fits you of course, go and ahead and do SCEA. You have nothing to loose. However if you're thinking about some other college you really like, or find interesting for that matter, you should EA/ED at that college since it'll actually give you a boost.</p>

<p>Vanderbilt, in my opinion is average for engineering. All the colleges I mentioned are far better in that respect.</p>

<p>I am an eleventh grader and wanna pursue engineering in the US. I also want some help to receive financial aid.
Please suggest on how to plan . Which exams to take and when?</p>

<p>Here is my recommendation based n your SAT scores,college GPA and above all -based on your OUTSTANDING Personal Essays and Personal statement-Do not go for any consultancy --
no TOEFL test
take just 2 -- not 3 require--- take Bio and Maths II -SAT II tests</p>

<p>College recommendations:</p>

<p>Early Decision I -- Oberlin College
Early Decision II -- Lafayette College or Dartmouth (Ivy)</p>

<p>Regular Decisions :
Amherst College
Carleton College
VASSAR college
Brandeis University
Franklin and Marshall College
Georgetown University
Trinity College
Kenyon College
Bard College
Depauw University
Dickinson College
New Hampshire College
Richmond College
Hobart and William Smith College,NY</p>

<p>Thats a rather arbitrary list. Whats your reasoning? Also, how can you go for ED I and II at the same time?</p>

<p>aren't ED II deadlines after middle of Dec by which time you would have heard about most EA/ED. at least that's how it was with HMC.</p>