Superbowl and Madonna

<p>Doc T--I hope you're wrong, but, honestly, I know that somehow, sometime, the Patriots are liable to beat the Giants...I mean, it's bound to happen sometime. so when that day shall come, I'll survive it okay. ;)</p>

<p>It looks like dads like Madonna more than moms.</p>

<p>Texan here rooting for New York, though I wouldn't be surprised with any outcome as both teams have been really hot.</p>

<p>Halftime show is definitely going to be a bathroom break.</p>

<p>The last celebrity I saw/heard sing the National Anthem was Stephen Tyler, who was so bad I had to hit the mute button. So Kelly Clarkson was bound to be a success in my book.</p>

<p>She looked pretty, too.</p>

<p>Ok, that was COOL. I might not agree with a lot of things Madonna has done but she is a performer!!</p>

<p>I liked the Cee Lo combo, but Nicki Minaj and LMFAO do absolutely nothing for me.</p>

<p>I'm not a huge fan of Madonna's music but I've seen her perform live twice and, other than Springsteen, there is no one I can think of (on that scale) who is better at giving a great live performance. Her performances are like well-produced pieces of theatre and are always entertaining. I thought it was a good half-time show and those dancers on the bleachers (and the guy on the wire!) should get a bonus!</p>

<p>Agree with you Romani. I have never seen the appeal of Nicky Minaj and I didn't even know who the others were. Cee Lo, I admit, makes me smile.</p>

<p>I ended up watching it and thought Madonna looks like she has arthritis. </p>

<p>It was yawn worthy, quite frankly. Nothing horrible, but nothing special at all.</p>

<p>I actually like Madonna. I HATED the halftime show except I thought the lighting was fabulous.</p>

<p>nerdsb4--I think hit was the heals on the boots--I can't walk in heals that high let alone DANCE in them.</p>

<p>Tough crowd. I really enjoyed the show, particularly the choir backups.</p>

<p>We liked it, especially after last year, which we thought was horrible.</p>

<p>No one else noticed when she accidentally stepped backwards on a riser and caught herself before falling?</p>

<p>We rewound it, and it was not a purposeful move. She almost fell off that riser.</p>

<p>^^^^DH noticed that as well.</p>

<p>In all fairness, I'm a few years younger than Madonna, and when I get out of the lounge chair, I look like*** I ***have arthritis ( I probably DO). So, more power to her.</p>

<p>I just rewound it too--oops, that could have been bad...</p>

<p>I noticed. Think she gave a look that said, "Whew!", didn't she? I liked it. I could dance here and no one complained that I looked like I have arthritis. Okay, I'm just watching it by myself. Just me and my little puppy.</p>

<p>Not a big Madonna fan but I enjoyed the show. She's a
good performer.</p>

<p>Oh, I didn't mean to come across as snotty or anything regarding the fall. But I don't care how old you are or what great shape you're in, when you come out in heels like that and go up and down risers, it's risky.</p>

<p>I absolutely hate watching performances of any kind that involves stairs/steep risers. Saw a play at our high school this last week which was staged with two sets of five-step risers. I almost had to close my eyes anytime anyone went up or down them, especially the older performers (it was a combination of high school and community theatre casts)!</p>

<p>Loved every minute. Sheer genius. Not usually a fan of Madonna but honestly she was outstanding.</p>

<p>
[quote]
I just rewound it too--oops, that could have been bad...

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Speaking of old age, it has been almost fifteen minutes since I saw it, but I thought I remembered seeing a railing behind her, so she wouldn't have fallen to the ground. Correct me if I'm wrong.</p>