The best part of the year is finally upon us... let the NHL playoffs begin!

a-a-m, you have a good memory remembering the St. Pete team…my dad said he went with my grandfather to one of of their games at the old Bayfront Center in St. Pete in the early 70s. Jacksonville has had a couple of teams including the ‘Lizard Kings’ (great name) in the late 90s…they were affiliated with the Chicago Blackhawks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IAmuw449JE

88, I agree NBC not having all the games on regular TV is stupid…the networks wouldn’t do that with the World Series.

Lizard, I have the same complaint about having the women’s World Cup on Fox Sports One. Way to grow the sport! (NOT)

Drinking sake got Tampa Bay hockey? Phil Esposito worked hard to get an NHL franchise in Tampa.

http://www.tampabay.com/features/humaninterest/twists-turns-and-colorful-characters-brought-lightning-hockey-to-tampa-bay/2233535

Does anyone know what’s going on out in Arizona with the Coyotes? (I apologize if this has been discussed… been out of the thread for a while!)

Sounds like the Coyotes might move. I’d like to help 'em out out there but I have to keep my eyes on the ball here in Tampa Bay with the Rays MLB team in St. Petersburg always threatening to blow town for better market/stadium.

Glendale finally found some sanity, it sounds like. Too bad for Coyote fans. Both of them.

The Coyotes should be moved to Quebec City. New arena and a huge established fan base.

This game tonight is frustrating, such sloppy play. Oh, and TB needs to find a new anthem singer.

Agree! When I can tell someone can’t sing, then I know it’s bad.

I think Sgt. Bryson does an excellent job singing the National Anthem at Lightning games.

http://www.tampabay.com/features/humaninterest/just-another-night-for-lightnings-national-anthem-singer/2232256

Does the new arena have a banner on the front, saying “Future Home of the Coyotes”?

Quebec deserves a team again.

That was a very strange game…especially the 1st period. Back to Chicago! Go Blackhawks!

P.S. I wouldn’t mind going to Quebec to see a game.
P.P.S. I hope Kucherov will be okay. He looked just like Kaner when he left the ice with his broken collarbone.
P.P.P.S. Ticket prices for game 6 are already insane. They’re reporting the lowest price ticket is around $1500!

Correction: just saw a report that a standing room only ticket is about $1,000. #TooRichForMe

Anybody hear what Bishop had to say about the how Bishop-Hedman collision happened in the first period. I’m dying to hear the explanation of why Bishop was so far out on the ice. Last two minutes was like watching Keystone Kops, thought overall the Lightning played fairly well. Granted, I was switching from the CWS so wasn’t watching as intently.

^ Stuff happens. In below postgame interview Bishop said he guesses in hindsight he shouldn’t have gone out so far from net and that crowd noise drowned out him yelling to his teammate. It’s do or die time for Bolts now. When Bolts won Stanley cup last time they won at home 7th game…hope for same thing with Blackhawks.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=829539

Sgt. Bryson just sang God Bless America here at the Rays-White Sox game. She gets around.

I’m so sad. I guess it’s time to start cheering for the apocalypse.

I’ve been busy, but not too busy to see the games. I agree with what most have said about the Bolts GT. I’m hoping the Hawks win it all on Monday (or Weds., if necessary), but if they don’t, Tampa will be a worthy champion.

Toews and Kane haven’t been their usual prolific selves, so hopefully they’ve stored it up for tomorrow.

The Coyotes have been on the chopping block for the last few years… not drawing well and the arena is not in a convenient location. Definitely not a traditional hockey market. Not all of the teams that move south will be successful… Dallas, Arizona (Phoenix), Tampa Bay, Florida (Panthers), Atlanta, Carolina.

Not sure what it means, but the weather in the Chicago area is absolutely crazy!!
I feel for those trying to get to the United Center…flooded streets and torrential downpours.

This is going to be an extremely stressful game X_X …already practicing my deep breathing.

Praying for good hockey and a great outcome. [-O< :wink: Go Blackhawks!!

Lightning storm just passed through Tampa too…knocked my internet service out for a bit. Tampa’s Amelie Arena is packed now with Lightning fans for watch party on jumbo screens. Good mojo for Bolts. Go Bolts!