I’d use the $1,000 scholarship to upgrade my audio equipment and software so I can dive deeper into hands-on projects. Having better tools would let me experiment more freely with sound design and engineering, turning what I learn in class into something real.
Ever since I could remember, my mom would come home from her night shift nursing job in the maternity unit and tell me all about the stories she experienced there. Since her first story, I was fascinated by this future and wanted nothing else but to dedicate my life to healthcare. However, my family cannot afford to pay for any of my college tuition, including undergraduate and medical school. I have been working diligently ever since freshman year to start saving towards my dream, but I know I can’t pay for school without other financial assistance. This scholarship would be a huge step forward to funding my dream: helping others just like my mom does. Thank you for your consideration!