The Road by Cormac McCarty? A question

<p>So I have to read the Road for my AP Literature class. I was wondering, if you've read it, what state you think they're at? Me and my friend think that they are walking along North Carolina since it's country, on the east, near the ocean, and is very green. Yet some people think it's Oregon. Where do you think they're at?</p>

<p>I always imaged it being on the east coast. I don't remember why... But I read it over a year ago haha</p>

<p>I thought it would be on the west coast, near the ocean.</p>

<p>I can't decide whether or not it is in the east or west coast. At first I was almost certain it was near Oregon, but once the man discovered the Spanish ship I started to think it was in the east near North Carolina or Virginia. Why would a Spanish ship be on the west side?</p>

<p>^The Spanish colonized the west coast; they didn't colonize the east.</p>

<p>I read it, hated it, and I always thought around North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, or Tennessee.</p>

<p>It is set in Oregon, but the movie was filmed in Pennsylvania and North Carolina and Oregon</p>

<p>Yeah but I'm saying how they traveled from the east. Yeah but did Oregon have bomb sheds?</p>

<p>I have to draw a map of where they were going. While reading the book I kept thinking it was in Oregon yet my friend said he thought they were in Virginia. After reading more, I started thinking it was either Oregon or North Carolina especially after the Spanish ship they discovered and the bomb sheds. But I wasn't sure. Which location should I do, Oregon or NC?</p>