The Ultimate Supply List for Boarding School

yeah Loomis has one that’s a new student-run website (bunction) it’s basically a worse version of eBay but shoutout to whoever made it I guess.

Cate has a huge giveaway at the end of the year. I don’t know the details, and I am not aware of an online component. But seniors put out all of their things they don’t want to take home, and students scavenge. There are things like fridges, furniture, etc that have been handed down for years. Kiddo has had some great finds, especially clothes.

Apparently in 2020 there were some sweet finds left behind because of the abrupt end to the covid school year. Audio systems, monitors, all kinds of goodies.

Boys I know at groton seem to stick with windbreakers all winter, maaaaaybe a lined windbreaker.

I would add Plan B to the supply list now.

4 Likes

Most boarding schools we know of have Plan B in the health center, if needed.

1 Like

For now.

Post deleted.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

How much, approximately, does summer storage cost? (Andover specifically if anyone knows.) We don’t live in driving distance, so we’re trying to figure out if we should purchase nicer bulky items (mattress topper) and keep them for 4 years or not. Thank you.

The affordable option for your kid to become besties with a day student, whose parents might cook them a nice meal once in a while, house them for a long weekend, and store their stuff over the summer. :grin:

6 Likes

Our school uses collegeboxes.com. It’s pretty darn expensive, but we’ll probably use it next summer. This summer we stored stuff at a relative’s house but honestly my air ticket and the rental car to schlep are more expensive. I searched and Andover was in there but I don’t know for sure if that’s the confirmed option. It’s a good idea to think of this now. Some kids go crazy furnishing.

1 Like

@skieurope Here’s hoping that this happens to work out. :grin:

3 Likes

@spoonbender Thanks for the information. This helps me get an idea about the price range hopefully.