Those of you who are (or know) lawyers, what is your opinion on the profession?

<p>“Sunny - are you thinking of the States Attorney office or DA’s office - they can be elected or appointed”</p>

<p>Cartera, not being an attorney, perhaps I am confusing what I wrote and understand. But, I am quite sure I am referring to a Federal Assistant US Prosecutor. Because of the 7 fired, I was curious if this was a political position, and researched the situation re to Federal (no source). I though what I read said the Assistant Federal US Prosecutor is elected, and therefore the job is not effected by a change in Administration. The Main Federal Prosecutor is appointed, and can be removed at will, as I understood it.</p>

<p>I wasn’t looking at the State’s Attorney office or DA’s office, so can’t claim any knowledge about how they are hired.</p>

<p>The US Attorneys are appointed - there are about 90 of them. Those working under them are hired through an interviewing process - often ads are run or are listed on the particular jurisdiction website. Local prosecuters - at the state level - are more often elected and, if they go a good job in the eye of the public, some make a quite a career of it.</p>

<p>Cartera45, if I misspoke, thanks for the correction. I will try to locate the source I was referencing.</p>