Time to Show Your Age - Who Was Your Teen Crush?

Mine were Bruce Lee and David Cassidy!

Oh, how I went to bed each night, dreaming of the day I would meet (and marry!) David Cassidy; I had every song and album he, and The Partridge Family, ever recorded.

I used to love all the Bruce Lee movies and I could look at him all day long; I still get weak knees if I catch a glimpse of him while scrolling Netflix!

Stewart Copeland. Rick Springfield.

Paul McCartney, of course! Amazingly, after all these years he is still in the game. I like him personally, a lot, still. His music now, less enthralling than She Loves You and Eleanor Rigby. Somehow it seemed fitting that I grew up to marry a Paul. My best friend back in 1963 also married a Paul.

Kristy McNichol and Lisa Whelchel (as a Mouseketeer).

Christopher Reeve
Parker Stevenson
Tom Selleck
Rick Springfield
Rob Lowe

John Travolta, Richard Gere, Jan Michael Vincent, Andrew McCarthy, and the one hit wonder guy who was Molly Ringwald’s crush in Sixteen Candles.

Michael York
Jeremy Irons
Harrison Ford

Lenny Kravitz and Jared Leto

In a weird twist of fate my daughter had a crush on both of them too, around the same age I did. Ha!

Peter Noone
Barry Gibb
Omar Sharif
Peter O’Toole

But the first time I felt my gut clench in that way was the first time I saw Clark Gable at the foot of the staircase at Twelve Oaks in Gone With The Wind. I’ll never, ever forget that gasp.

I’ve never been the celebrity crush type.

Bobby Sherman, then Paul McCartney.

David Cassidy and Davy Jones (of the Monkees)

Joan Lunden

Mark Lester from the movie Oliver I believe was my first. Then Bobby Sherman and Peter Noone, who I now listen to on XM radio as he does a show on the 60’s station!

There are going to be many more Lenny Kravitz crushes after seeing his cover photo on Men’s Health this month!

My first youthful crush was Paul Newman in the movie “Exodus.” That lasted until I learned that, in real life, he was exactly one month younger than my dad! I then switched my affections to Robert Redford, in “The Way We Were,” who was still way too old for me but cemented my preference for blonde men and the “preppie” look. I moved on to Parker Stevenson and then onto real boyfriends, only one of whom had dark hair (but he did have blue eyes).

Barbara Bain

George Peppard. I was way too young to understand “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” at the age of 11 but oh, George.

My crushes were almost always dark-haired, brown-eyed. The two blonde exceptions in my life have been Robert Redford and Brad Pitt. Married to a dark-haired, brown-eyed guy (well, used to be dark haired :slight_smile: ).