I am a student from India currently a freshman from IIT Delhi ( Indian Institute of Technology) ( Class of 2022) . I am doing my bachelors in Chemical Engineering.
I am looking to transfer to a US university.
I will be only be able to attend College with financial aid and therefore the number of colleges are very limited I guess.
I have cleared JEE Mains and Advanced with ranks of 700 and 1800 among 1.4 million students. ( i.e. top 0.1% )
I am also a KVPY fellow, which is a prestigious government scholarship given to top 0.1% students in India.
Class XII - 96% and Class X - 10 CGPA
I have cleared National Level Olympiads for Astronomy and Computing (NSEA and ZCO)
I have participated in lots of Extra Curricular activities including Quizzing, Debating, Dancing, Essay writing
I have also participated in the Regional Science Exhibition and won several Science Quizzes and Exhibitions.
I have a keen interest in CS and have been the IT Minister of the student council and cleared Google Foobar challenge.
I am expecting a 9+ CGPA in my first semester and also got 800 in practice subject tests. ( Both are only expected results)
I can get great recommendations from my school teachers but not so sure about college as it has only been 3 weeks.
- Do I stand a chance in top US universities ( MIT/ Stanford/ Princeton / Yale/ Cornell) given that I need financial Aid and want to major in Computer Science?
- And is it easier getting into any other major or that does not matter?
- Also, I want to know that financial aid typically offered covers how much of the total fees?
- Is it worth transferring from IIT to a US university as Indian colleges are very cheap?
- What score should I target in SAT/ACT?
- Is ACT equivalent to SATs or SATs are preferred?
Any other help will be highly appreciated