My son got into Dickinson with TE ($44k) + $24k merit!!! It wasn’t his top choice but now we will have to reconsider!!
That’s great - so glad to hear it. It never hurts to double check - you don’t want any last minute surprises, particularly with schools that hover around Davidson’s price!
I’m glad the spreadsheet has helped! I can see many people have tweaked it to make it ever more useful, which is great. The less parents have to guess about TE stats, and what schools want/expect, the better.
D26 is in at LMU, and now the wait for merit/TE begins!
Congrats! Good luck!
My son reached out to TE liaison at Marist and was told mid-March… so hopefully soon!
We heard from Marist last night, waitlist.
Fingers crossed that the waitlist moves.
Thanks for the update! Our D26 opened her Dickinson portal yesterday and also got TE with a fantastic merit award. It’s by far the best offer we’ll receive- I honestly can’t imagine any schools will come in any lower- and since we haven’t visited, it’s now on the list for her spring break college tour. I’ve only heard good things and looking forward to checking it out. Feel free to DM me if you do visit- I’d love to hear your impressions.
Will do! Maybe our visits will overlap. Congrats to your daughter.
Same!
D26 is in at Fordham and Pepperdine but waiting on financial aid/scholarship updates. Is anyone else exhausted? ![]()
Welp, LMU came in with 44.9 in grant/scholarship, which leaves 48k. Not the best offer. D26 loves the school, but after 30 years in higher education, I am not a romantic about such matters. We’ll see.
It’s a no on TE from U Del ![]()
. So after fa (not including federal loans, it’s $55K/year. Insanity. At least you can apply again the following year (assuming the export school allows it). I’ll need to check.
Mantra: the best school for the least cost. The best school for the least cost. No bright and shiny objects. (I have this on repeat in my brain right now.)
Same - as long as he feels comfortable, which is huge. We’re revisiting Pitt and Drexel so we will know after that. It will all work out!
Same, no UDel TE, but glad to know at least! That means I can cancel our visit on Tuesday and we are one step closer to a decision.
I am super discouraged. My son has a 4.8 GPA, scores of 5 on some of the toughest AP exams, 36 ACT, three-sport athlete, school leadership, and he has only one TE offer (at Case Western, where the amount left for us is still way too high.) He was just denied at Marquette, where my older son got TE five years ago, with much less impressive stats. We are both kicking ourselves for not having him apply to less competitive schools. He really thought a perfect ACT score might mean something, but I guess not.
How many decisions left? Any luck outside of TE?
We are still waiting on two TE schools. He does have decent scholarship offers at several schools, but none come close to the percentage of tuition that TE would cover. We will definitely be able to make it work, but my son is feeling rejected, and the Marquette one especially stings, since his older brother got it, with a less impressive application (and with less effort and diligence in high school).
It’s really tough to predict outcomes this season. There is a lot of strategy happening behind the scenes that is very institution-specific beyond building a well-rouning ded class. D26 has had merit offers at more competitive institutions that exceed others. Just waiting for it all to play out, so I appreciate what you are experiencing.