Tuition Exchange for Fall 2026 (Class of 2030)

AMAZING!!! Congrats to you. It’s stinks when they come back last minute. I guess you’re officially “mother of dragon” now. Wishing you all the best!

3 Likes

Oh my goodness, and we just got TE offer from Stevens, on May 5th! (Still sticking with Drexel)

3 Likes

Wow! Had you already declined admission to Stevens? Wild stuff.

No, he had not officially declined the admission offer.

1 Like

List of TE schools with available scholarships: Post-May 1 2026-2027 TE Spots Available Survey (Responses) - Google Sheets

3 Likes

Wow, there were definitely some surprises on that list! I was pretty shocked that both Brandeis and Union (NY) still had TE spots available. And there are many other well-respected schools on the list, too.

A list like this could also be a good resource for upcoming classes who are trying to build in some highly likely admits with TE to their college list.

3 Likes

Exactly my thoughts. Brandeis is brand new to TE, and my student received a late (Feb? March?) extending their app deadline to students eligible for TE. This is probably a rare opportunity.

3 Likes

Hi! I am new to this forum. We will be doing tuition exchange for the Fall 2027 (class of 2031) year. I saw that your DD got into USC with TE and the Presidential Scholarship. This is my DD27 absolute first choice. Any advice? Thanks!

Hello! Sorry for the delayed response. D26 applied to Architecture, which requires a portfolio and video submission. It seems like the video took the place of the scholarship interviews for the portfolio majors, and I think the portfolios were a key piece of the scholarship selection for those majors (i.e., she had strong stats/ecs with a portfolio that made difference if I had to guess). There was only one deadline for portfolio/audition majors on Dec 1, and she found out about the scholarship the day after the admissions decision in late March. The TE notification came in mid-April. This upcoming cycle will be different with ED added. I recommend reaching out to the TELO at USC and asking if the TE notification will be adjusted for the ED applicants. If so, then your DD should seriously consider ED if it is her top choice. I haven’t heard of anyone who got in who did not also get TE if eligible, but the ED will change the game for admissions this year.

1 Like

Has anyone mixed D3 sports with the TE? I have a kid who is stronger academically than athletically but would like to play in college. I’ve parsed the TE list down to 93 possibles.

I’ve got DS 23 at Pitt and DD 25 at DePaul on TE so been through that process a bit.

Does muhlenberg include room in the TE scholarship?

Are you thinking of using the sport to get an admission advantage and the the TE to pay? I don’t see why it would be a problem if they get admitted through the sport and hope to get the TE to pay for it. TE may not even know if the sport is helping with admissions.

If you are thinking the other way, that they get in through the TE and then contact the coach, I’d think that would be fine too. It is more of a risk that the coach would consider the player as a walk on.

1 Like

Sorry I’m just seeing this now. Yes, Muhlenberg includes room with the TE scholarship. Their TE is the set rate, and they add the room supplement (room only, not board), and they also stack talent scholarships (modest amount, but it adds up!).

3 Likes

If they’re hs class of 2027, definitely have them start reaching out to coaches about the possibility of doing their sport. My son has talked to many D1, D2, and D3 schools about athletics and has always mentioned the Tuition Exchange. About 75% of the coaches have heard of the TE and got excited about it since it won’t cost them any scholarship dollars to bring him in (not D3 since there are no athletic scholarships but many D3 schools use athletics to recruit students as smaller schools). Its very worth mentioning to the coach about TE so they can vouch for your student and to the school that your student is talking to the coach so they can flag is as well.

2 Likes