Did you recently visit UC Irvinec? Share your experience with the community! Post your review in the comments below.
Some ideas for what to share:
- When did you visit?
- Where did you stay? Would you recommend it?
- Where did you eat? Did you try any local specialties?
- How did you get there? What’s the best transportation mean to get to-from the campus?
- What was the campus vibe?
- What did you think of the dorms?
- What are some must-see things in or around campus?
- How were the school facilities?
- Did you like it more or less than you thought you would? Why?
- Did anything surprise you?
We’d love to hear any tips or recommendations you can share for people planning their visit!
We visited UCI for the 90 minute on-campus tour on the Wed before Thanksgiving 2022.
We scheduled our visit while my kids had Thanksgiving break, but the college
was still in session. Unfortunately, it was during the TA strike so it is unclear if undergraduate classes were actually still being held or if there were reduced # of students on campus because it was the last day before Thanksgiving or both.
We actually stayed near Disneyland and took Lyft (no Uber) rides to/from Disneyland to UCI, so we did not experience the surrounding areas like we did at the other 2 UCs.
The tour was lead by 1 tour guide. We did not go inside any buildings other than the UCI Student Center.
Surprise - My husband and I enjoyed the sense of humor - mascot (Anteater) and Middle Earth-themed dorm. My S24 and S27 were pleasantly surprised to find that the UCI Esports Arena was right next to the Student Center.
S24 thought the facilities were really nice and felt like UCI was the best fit for him acknowledging that UCI is a reach.