Did you recently visit UC Riverside? Share your experience with the community! Post your review in the comments below.
Some ideas for what to share:
- When did you visit?
- Where did you stay? Would you recommend it?
- Where did you eat? Did you try any local specialties?
- How did you get there? What’s the best transportation mean to get to-from the campus?
- What was the campus vibe?
- What did you think of the dorms?
- What are some must-see things in or around campus?
- How were the school facilities?
- Did you like it more or less than you thought you would? Why?
- Did anything surprise you?
We’d love to hear any tips or recommendations you can share for people planning their visit!
Scheduled a family tour March 12 with admitted D23. We also did the presentation before the tour that was offered. Presentation was first half for everyone and second half was for those admitted on what the next step was. Those just touring early could leave after first half but could stay if they wanted. I would skip if not planning to attend in Fall.
They broke us up into 3 groups of 12 and had a speaker on guide so everyone could hear. It rained a bit and mid way they brought umbrellas out. The tour was all out doors and a some what fast pace walk with stops with info on each area.
We could see doors in the distance but no tours of actual dorms.
A few notes those going. Parking is free wheb you have a tour but you need to drive up to kiosk with license plate number. I made the mistake of parking and running back to car to license plate.
They parking attendant gave us a map. But we still went into the wrong building. The campus is large. They do have signs for the tour. We just entered the building before the tour building by accident.
After the tour we had lunch in the HUB. After lunch we just walked around more and went into the Library. They have a self guide tour app that we did not use. I would recommend trying to use it to see inside areas.
I’d recommend grabbing a map from parking as having the map did help us walk around.