**uc santa cruz class of 2025 discussion**

Hmm waitlist at Santa Cruz…but accepted at Irvine
shrugging

Thank you so much!:sob: I’m an international applicant actually, but I can derive California residency from my dad. According to SDSU my CSU GPA is a 3.8/4.0, (which they calculated from my percentage and marks) which will be the same for weighted, unweighted and capped for me since I don’t have any kind of weightage in my courses ( they’re standardized). I’ve also had my GPA classified as 4.0 in other colleges so, 3.8-4.0 I suppose?

I had a solid 99.8% percent in psychology my last 2 years and my overall percentage was average 90+ for 4 years together, 95+ last two years. I did multiple extracurriculars ( which were quite limited where I come from but I took every opportunity), including soccer, olympiads, yearbook, 2 Northwestern writing courses in, multiple internships, and many other psychology, writing and graphic designing related extracurriculars. My essays were decent, probably 7.5/10, a couple may 8.5/10.

Same here. Got into UCI yesterday for CS but got waitlisted here. Super bummed right now.

1 Like

D21 is in class, can’t (won’t) check her portal…

1 Like

still nothing for me either… :((

Reminder to post your stats here: **UC Santa Cruz Class of 2025 Decisions (Stats only)** - #15 by ig364728

Trying to help out future banana slugs figure to see what it takes to get in. This was valuable information for me, so I want others to have it as well.

2 Likes

Just got my acceptance right now!! ( business management economics )

1 Like

Nothing for me yet… nervous. Could mean a denial.

1 Like

admitted for marine bio! very relieving haha

My last name begins with Z.

This year system is completely unpredictable! Objectively, UC Irvine has a lower acceptance rate, so one would think UCSC is a guarantee if you get accepted there, but it can’t be said for sure. With the applicant increase , test optional policy, lower extracurriculars senior year, more in state applying etc, the competition is insanely INSANELY high. I wouldnt fret too much. Maybe they just thought you were too good for them and thought you UCB or UCLA bound :wink:

3 Likes

have there been any rejections yet?

Very true points. I’m expecting UCSC’s acceptance rate to drop to around 35% this year since over 200 people last year were able to defer their enrollment and because they heavily overenrolled.

2 Likes

Congrats to all who got accepted. And whoever’s waitlisted, just hold on and you might be a banana slug soon. International student here, got accepted for astophysics during the first wave :smile:

4 Likes

does anyone know or think there will be more releases today? or will i have to wait until friday

and congratulations to everyone who got accepted or even waitlisted :slight_smile:

Son was just accepted to Art: Game Design.

2 Likes

Does ucsc admit by major or by college?

I believe only the college of engineering accepts by major.

Is it possible to get off the waitlist before May 1st?