UIUC Transfer Fall 2011 Thread

<p>Hey y'all!</p>

<p>Who here is thinking about transferring to U of I or already has for the fall of 2011?</p>

<p>bumpchar10/</p>

<p>nikeACT what do you think my chances are for UIUC business school?
Junior at Clemson University
3.9GPA and looking at 4.0 this semseter
Three Honors Fraternities/Societies<br>
Active in community service
Club Tennis
Intermural Volleyball
Clemson Cultural Partners Program
National Society of Collegiate Scholars</p>

<p>I think you have an excellent chance. The only thing right now that will be an X-factor is your essay. I would make sure you have a superb essay, since business is very selective at UIUC.</p>

<p>Bumppp....Has anyone heard back from admissions for the business college? My decisions tab changed from "pending-manual review req." to "Committee review"</p>

<p>My decisions tab says the same thing. This wait is killing me!</p>

<p>Same! I have a feeling the decisions will get released this week. What does it say under "admissions type" for you? I applied with 50 credits, expecting 65 by this term's end, and for me it states "transfer sophomore". But for the major and department (tab) it states "Finance, Finance", instead of "unassigned". So do you think I'm being considered as a junior, since they did assign me to a major?</p>

<p>i dont have a decision row yet and all of my stuff has been in for over two month so who knows, and Finz151 i am also doing the same thing with the credits but I would be coming in as a junior so I am supposed to have my major specified and you probably are too. Unless you want to come in as a sophomore for some reason. And have you guys applied to any other business schools other than UIUC?</p>

<p>I've applied to IU, UIUC, OSU, MSU, and Michigan. And that's weird that your decision tab is missing. What does it say under admissions type for you? And were you assigned a major?</p>

<p>Admission type fall 2011 and my major says finance, finance. So everything is right but I don't think it's a big deal</p>

<p>Hey, I applied in January as a Sophomore transfer student for Special Education, and my admissions status has said "Pending - Manual Review Req" for the last month and a half. How long was it like that for you guys?</p>

<p>Also, does anyone know anything about the applications to Special Ed, because I know that even as a UIUC student you must apply for your sophomore year. I just wasn't sure if they had a separate acceptance date than the University itself or not.</p>

<p>I am trying to transfer into UIUC's business school. I was wondering if any of you were accepted and what was the main factor that got you in. Also, how closely do they look at high school stuff if you are a transfer? My HS gpa was not that great but in college I have a 4.0/4.0.</p>

<p>Did you complete the transfer requirements for the B-School? GPA, essays, and of course EC's are all considered. The more credits you have, the less weight is put on your high school stats. How many credits did you complete for that 4.0?</p>

<p>currently I have about 36 credits all that are requirements for the school. I am applying for my Junior year so I am planning to finish everything this summer and sophomore year. Should I look for internships?Or be super involved on campus? I am currently not in any clubs but I am a blogger for my school and work in the Intramural department. Also I attend UIS which is UIUC's sister school.
Thanks</p>

<p>Has anyone received a decision yet? This is killing me, it April 4th and they said we should know by Mid-April!</p>

<p>probably sometime this week</p>

<p>Yeah I'm banking we'll hear back this week</p>

<p>I feel like from what I've read on posts and blog comments a lot of people have already heard back, it made me so nervous! I'm glad that I'm not the only one still waiting an answer. My status has said Pending Manual Review or something like that for the last 3 months! I'm hoping that by next week we know for sure.</p>

<p>@aewalla mine is the exact same! Hoping decisions will be released soon.</p>

<p>So nothing yet as of today, looks like next week is the week?</p>