UK Schools - $

<p>Does anyone know financially how it works to be an international student at a school in the UK? Has anyone any experience trying to pay for an education overseas?</p>

<p>I haven't had experience paying for an overseas education, but I feel it is pretty safe to say that schools are typically not financially generous with overseas students, at least from what I have researched. That being said, there are many private scholarships (though many are small) that look to give to students specifically seeking an overseas education, so there are options.</p>

<p>Contact the schools yourself and get their fee information for international students. This is a lot easier in this age of the internet, you should be able just to find the information on the school's website.</p>

<p>Note that if you are a citizen of a European Union country, you may not be considered "international" and will pay the lower rates for domestic students.</p>

<p>I think you will find that in the UK, the cost of a year of college will not be quite as expensive as a year at a similar college in the US, even for international students. And if it is a Bachelor's program in England (as opposed to Scotland) it will probably only take three years. But it does look to me like there aren't as many funding options available to International students in the UK.</p>


<p>KEVP - I had been trying to navigate websites of RADA and Guildhall but they are both rather confusing. I had read that you cannot take a student loan out to pay for tuition and such, but I was hoping that I had just misunderstood the information. And that maybe someone had some personal experience auditioning/attending a school overseas and could tell me how they</p>

<p>I am looking at English schools myself right now.</p>

<p>RADA's BA (Hons) in Acting program takes three years, and tuition is currently 9,000 UK Pounds a year for someone from the European Union, and 16,200 UK Pounds a year for someone from outside of the European Union. (Some people need to be reminded that a UK Pound is worth more than a US Dollar, my apologies to everyone who already knows that).</p>

<p>Guildhall's BA (Hons) in Acting program takes three years, and tuition is currently 9,000 UK Pounds a year for someone from the European Union, and 20,000 UK Pounds a year for someone from outside of the European Union. There also seem to be something called "course-related costs" which are said to range from 130 to 1500 UK Pounds a year.</p>

<p>And these tuition fees do not include the quite expensive cost of living in London. (And if you have never lived in London, this can be even more expensive because you don't know all the "tricks") And of course all these tuition fees may be increasing.</p>

<p>If you are not European Union (EU), then you will not be eligible for the same student loans that EU students get. But there is no reason why you can't get a student loan from a bank in your own country. A school isn't going to make a rule that says you can't borrow money for your schooling. For example, here is a handbook from Guildhall on funding specifically for North American students:</p>

<p><a href=""&gt;;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Guildhall does specifically say that you are not permitted to work, even part-time, during terms when classes are in session. I would suspect RADA might have a similar rule.</p>

<p>It might help if you told me what country you are from, so I can be more specific.</p>

<p>I have lived in England in the past, and attended school in England while a child and teen. Now I am considering going back to England and getting a graduate degree. Please feel free to ask me any specific questions I can help with. But I don't think you should be so shy about contacting these schools directly. I have spoken with RADA on the phone, and exchanged e-mails with the head of their MA in Directing program. The English are very well-mannered and nice, not at all like Americans, so there is no reason to be afraid of them.</p>


<p>A lot of UK schools are covered by U.S. federal student loans. if you go to Federal</a> Student Aid - IFAP: iLibrary - Federal School Code List you can download a list of schools. The international schools are towards the end of the document.</p>

<p>Awesome thanks for all the info and advice! I will look into it</p>