OK - so just a little vent here, and also looking for any real advice if anyone has it…
My D was accepted into Stamps back on 1/29, very excited. We subsequently got an estimated (and then “final”) financial aid package through February. Not much to write home about (and nowhere NEAR the amount to close the gap b/t our EFC). When asked, they said this was general grant $$ from UMich, not from the Stamps School of Art & Design.
I encouraged my daughter to reach out to Stamps and ask whether there would be any possibility for “artistic merit” aid from (based on portfolio) to supplement her U-M grant, and she was told to wait until “early April”. Still nothing… every other school has communicated their final total packages except UMich, and she has been wanting to commit since 1/29 but can’t. I don’t want to break her heart, but I’m beginning to lose hope that they’ll be able to deliver.
Have any other Stamps acceptances been awarded anything from the school? I don’t want to get too involved as the parent, but obviously they’re expecting us parents to foot the bill. I just want to have time to make a case before May 1