University of Alabama Class of 2026 Admissions

Just got my acceptance! So excited!

2 Likes

Did you guys who just heard about acceptance apply test optional?

Yes, my daughter did.

Gotcha, my daughter applied on 10/18 but sent test scores in. we haven’t heard anything yet.

I applied with scores! Since it’s rolling, the time to hear back can really depend. I wouldn’t stress :slight_smile:

Where in the portal do you see the decision response? Mine just has all green check marks and I don’t see where an admission decision would be located.

1 Like

It’ll just pop up at the bottom of the page with the letter saying Congratulations, You’ve Been Admitted! There isn’t anything to click or anything to take you to another page.

2 Likes

I was told there is no automatic merit if you didn’t submit SAT scores…otherwise you need to wait until Jan/feb to hear if you receive any other scholarship $$

2 Likes

So sorry. I thought I responded. It took about two weeks to hear back. It was fast.

@beachmama1 Thank you for this info!

Our son just got admitted to UA! Applied October 22nd.
4.0 Weighted / Test Optional

2 Likes

D22 was admitted last week…Communications…4.2 weighted GPA…28 ACT…Full IB Diploma…OOS…Texas.

1 Like

Where do you see how much scholarship money was given? Do you need to create a MyBama account? My acceptance is in my freshman portal but it then says to create a Mybama account. This is a safety school for me but curious about merit.

Good questions…but I am not sure exactly how to answer them. Right now Alabama is a safety for my D22 as well. Although she is thankful to be admitted and is eligible for merit according to Alabama’s website, she has not confirmed exactly how much.

1 Like

Did she create a MyBama account?

Not yet…that will be on the “to do” list for this weekend.

We received a letter in the mail in September letting us know about the merit amount. We have not seen it on the Mybama site.

2 Likes

DS 22 applied 10-30, they received official SAT score 11-02, accepted today, came up on portal. OOS, 4.3 GPA/1330 SAT, waiting for Merit information.

2 Likes

DD got her acceptance yesterday! Applied 11/4, 3.81 weighted GPA, test optional, OOS, heavy honors/AP/DE course load and lots of fine arts/honor society extra curricular activities. Roll tide!

2 Likes

OOS DS 22 submitted ACT

• applied 10/19,
  • accepted 11/8.
  • Finally receive mailed letter today: merit Presidential $28K.

11/18: submitted Supplemental Scholarship Application, hoping for the National Hispanic Recognition award,
==>==> but we won’t hear back until early March?

“Thank you for submitting your Freshman Supplemental Scholarship Application. Students can expect consolidated scholarship notifications via their Crimson Mail account in early March.”

2 Likes