University of Maryland (UMD) Early Action Class of 2030 Official Thread

Yes. :grin: I wish they’d just put me out of my misery because I wildly swing between super confident to total pessimism. We found UMD late in the process and it quickly became our #1.

2 Likes

Very likely :slight_smile:

They’ve released on the last Friday of January for many years now.

1 Like

UMD has operated a “#NowATerp” bus tour, where admissions staff personally deliver acceptance letters and surprise students at their homes, before official notifications are released. This effort, often featuring the mascot and staff, celebrates new admits, including first-generation college students. This Bus usually goes out a on a Saturday or Sunday. a week before Admission decisions are released. With the impending snow storm expected Saturday evening, it is hard to say how this (the Terp Bus and official decisions) will be affected. They may come out tonight, bypassing the Bus Tour, or they may not.

3 Likes

There will be no Terp bus; they released 3 admissions decisions at the basketball game last weekend instead.

5 Likes

That’s an interesting change.

1 Like

If the tradition of sharing early decisions the weekend before the general announcement still holds, does that mean we might hear results today? :wink:

(And completely understand if you’re not at liberty to say)

That is what I am wondering also! :slight_smile:

RD is out in March - April so these are the early decisions, no?

I meant the pre-announcements:

Got it, sorry. I didn’t know about that tradition and it only makes me hope my daughter gets in even more because that’s a pretty cool thing for a school to do.

I follow the UMD discussion on another site and it’s the most positive of all the schools I’ve seen. The kids actually rave about the cafeteria food!

4 Likes

If no one mentions receiving a decision by 4:45, it is not today.

1 Like

Can someone post something, anything. Even if it’s just baseless speculation at least it would be something.

1 Like

Go TERPS :turtle:

Nice! Thanks. The UMD kids on another site are organizing a snowball fight on the quad outside McKeldin today at noon. I love these kids!

Meanwhile on the FB page people are griping about whether they’ll get swag if their kid gets accepted! If my daughter gets in I’ll send them swag!!!

1 Like

My daughter has been back in the dorm since yesterday and is planning to participate in the snowball fight. As for swag, they can get plenty later once they’re in school by attending events or games. UMD doesn’t send out swag after acceptance, I think.

Good luck next Friday :four_leaf_clover:. I have a feeling your daughter will do just fine.

2 Likes

Thanks.:blush:

Completely unrelated to admissions, but how easy is it for UMD students to get to DC with public transportation?

I believe there’s currently a bus shuttle that takes you to the Metro but coming in 2027:

2 Likes

The Metro subway is nearby, maybe 15 minute walk depending where on campus. But still could be up to an hour to get downtown.to get to major tourist sights or federal agrncies.

1 Like

Do you think the Purple Line will reduce the commute?