As we are anticipating the release of Decisions in the next few days, we invite all parents of prospective Terps to join the UMD Prospective Parent FB group. We have posted lots of “what to expect” and tips for what to do when decisions come out. You’ll be completely in the know after reading our posts. (2) University of Maryland (UMD) Class of 2030 - Parents | Facebook
I tried sending a join request multiple times to this Facebook group but has never been approved so far. TBH I am not sure what the admins didn’t like with my responses. I have tried to join the group again one more time for good measure.
Did you answer the membership questions? All three have to be answered. Best if done on computer because FB can be temperamental.
Yeah I answered all the questions everytime. No luck. I requested again yesterday after posting my message above. No response so far.
I had the same issue. My wife then tried and was admitted. I think maybe because I have very scant FB participation and profile while she has been on much longer than me and has a more active profile. I can see how I might have looked like a burner account.
Do you have a profile picture? If not, it autodeclines.
No, bc Purple Line runs above ground near car traffic.
The main thing I learned on there is that 25% of the kids are admitted to the spring instead of the fall. It’s actually not bad because they still enroll in the fall under a program where they take classes in the fall with the other kids admitted in spring. They take afternoon classes that count towards their degree and they graduate on time and nothing on their transcript reflects this fact. They get a little help easing into college. No shame or stigma.
That’s the Freshmen Connection Program. It’s a very good program. I have never seen anyone on this forum express regret about taking this option. My D’s best friend took it, graduated on time and then got a Masters degree.
Think there’s any chance UMD won’t release decisions this week since the university has been closed because of the weather?
I’ve been wondering that myself. Hopefully, since the snow was well advertised as coming, they prepared in advance for a shutdown. But, technically, they could release decisions on Saturday and still be within their advertised release date. However, I do expect that decisions will come out on Friday, but there may more than the usual number of glitches.
UMD CLOSED 1/29 - 1/30 Essential Personnel only required to work
Admissions personnel are essential, aren’t they? ![]()
I have no idea. This has not happened ever since I’ve been on this forum (2013)
No profile picture and barely use Facebook at all. Until I started trying to get info about colleges. So yeah I am going to stop trying I guess ![]()
That’s why. There are way too many spammers who try to get into college groups, so without a picture it autodeclines before admin even sees the request.
Is there any portal astrology for UMD?
I might be reaching but is it normal to be able to login without .tap in the portal?
Can everyone see spring admit when you search the sources via inspect element? Pretty sure that’s the case as I see fall admit, banneker key, honors, scholars, spring admit.
I can sign in without .tap as well