University of Miami Class of 2019 Early Action Results

I’m about to give up for tonight

We are from NJ. 30 ACT, 3.89 GPA, all AP classes this year, all Honors past 3 years, works, volunteers extensively, dances, plays piano.

How do you get it to download I am pressing on view/download but nothing is occuring

haven’t seen anyone for marine bio yet or anything in that area…so maybe by major?

@donutsfordays, my son and I are in Maryland. No new communications.

If we didn’t hear anything tonight, does that mean we are deferred? Are there still more acceptances!?

Thanks @lolster @Katarzyna‌, but still nothing. I’ve gotta say, Miami really needs to get their shit together with the notification process.

they could be sending notifications out based on the date and time you submitted your application? Its just a theory. I waited till Nov 1. and I haven’t heard anything!

I submitted mine October 6th

@taftie101‌ nope it’s not by major, I have seen someone with mine and I haven’t heard anything yet

@soccergirl9897 enable pop ups

Decision: Accepted OOS(IL)

Business school marketing major

ACT:30

Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 3.44
weighted:4.1
7 APS
15ish honors

Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): decent(too lazy to write out)

Essays (rating 1-10, details): 8-9
Recommendations (rating 1-10, details): 4(only submitted one)

Have they sent any rejections cause I haven’t gotten anything yet and a girl from my school got in.

It’s not by application time. Mine was completed on 9/11 and I haven’t heard anything

ACCEPTED

To the people saying they were accepted, are they just now posting or are you just now looking?

Congrats to everyone who’s been accepted! Feel free to post on
http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-miami-florida/1740060-university-of-miami-class-of-2019-accepted-students.html#latest

wtf…it doesnt show a decision for me

Decision: Accepted!!!

Applied to which school/college: Undergraduate Business for Finance

OBJECTIVE
ACT: 33 with a 9 for essay
SAT II: 760 (Math II)
Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 3.5
Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): my school doesn’t rank or do percents
AP (place score in parenthesis): AP Stat (4)
IB (place score in parenthesis): none offered, none taken
Senior Year Course Load: BC Calculus, AP Physics 2, Spanish Electives, English Electives, and History Electives
Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): nope

SUBJECTIVE
Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): Cheerleading (Varsity Captain), Track and Field (Varsity Captain), baking (award winner)
Job/Work Experience: 2 years lifeguarding and office work
Volunteer/Community service: over 100 hours at animal shelters, retirement homes, co-founded a summer cheerleading camp for underprivileged kids
Summer Activities: lifeguarding, traveling, cheerleading camps
Essays (rating 1-10, details): I would rate my essay at a 9. It was about my competitive baking.
Recommendations (rating 1-10, details): I can’t rank my recs because I didn’t see them

Teacher Rec #1: Male English Teacher
Teacher Rec #2: Male Math Teacher, head of the math department
Counselor Rec: College Counsellor
Additional Rec: From my boss at work
Interview: didn’t interview

OTHER
State (if domestic applicant): Texas
School Type: Co-ed, relatively small, private school
Ethnicity: white
Gender: female
Income Bracket: 200,000+
Hooks (URM, first generation college, etc.):

REFLECTION
Strengths:I would just say all of my leadership positions that I earned and the upwards trend in my grades. Also, my ACT score and my math II score was very good. Lastly, I visited the campus which I heard helps sometimes.
Weaknesses: My GPA isn’t through the roof. I performed poorly during freshman and sophomore year.
Why you think you were accepted/deferred/rejected: I’m a good student and I’ve worked hard to be a leader in my community.
Where else were you accepted/deferred/rejected: I’ve only heard from places where I’ve been accepted (TCU, University of Georgia, Texas A&M University, The Ohio State University and now… UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI!!!)

General Comments:
SO excited to be accepted… Go Canes!!! []_[]

will someone please repost the link to the U of Miami stats only thread? i can’t find it. thanks!