ya no problem and i dont even think its regional its looking completely random up until now haha but good luck!
D accepted tonight. From CA. 30 ACT, 4.0 unweighted, cellust at an art school, neuroscience major at U of Miami
All my friends got a decision but I still haven’t! So frustrating. Hopefully they will be posted tomorrow
Just emailed them asking about their process/when I’ll find out. I’m so done with this randomness.
Just got in, New York.
So now the real question is…did anybody that had a green dot previously get accepted?!
I didn’t have a green dot and I got accepted
To be honest, I think we’ve officially cracked their code. If you had the dot you were either deferred or rejected. Dots that did not get an answer when that deferral wave came out: rejected. If you never had a dot at all: you’re in. They are probably figuring out aid for all of the dot-less people which is why they are releasing slowly from the lowest amount of merit-based aid to the highest. Kind of funny that this dot situation was an accident on their part (I assume), and it told us our decisions before they released them without them realizing it!
latenightdotthoughts ^^^
Oh and yes, it’s true… I had the dot, so I’m sorry to report to all of you that you cannot request to have me as your roommate this year. Since I know you were all thinking that.
I didn not have the dot and I got in. As a matter of fact my application still says it’s incomplete!! :))
I saw my undergraduate decision from University of Miami on Canelink yesterday (I have been deferred), but now when I check CaneLink my admission decision is not in the Communcations Center anymore. Has this happened to anybody else?
ACCEPTED!!!
Oh my!!! Accepted for pre-med studies in College of Arts and Sciences with $25,000 per year Presidential Scholarship. Worth the wait!!!
Haha, yup just got accepted
I GOT ACCEPTED FOR PRE-MEDICAL STUDIES AT THE COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES!!! AHHHHHH! WITH A PRESIDENT’S SCHOLARSHIP OF 21K A YEAR!!! I AM SCREAMING!!! 21,000?? I AM SO HAPPY.
Decision: Accepted
Applied to which school/college: UM, UCF, UF, FSU
Objective:
SAT I (breakdown): 1820 (1220)
ACT:29
SAT II:
Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 3.88, Weighted GPA: 5.22
Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): 16/634
AP (place score in parenthesis): 5 (AP European History, AP World History, AP Psychology, AP Biology, AP Psychology
IB (place score in parenthesis): FULL IB COURSE LOAD
Senior Year Course Load: ALL IB CLASSES WITH TWO AP CLASSES
Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): Elks Most Valuable Student Award, Ventures Scholar, QuestBridge College Prep Scholar, 5 Honor Societies
Subjective:
Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): National Achievers Society (VP), Started a volunteer club (Secretary), Spanish Honor Society (Historian) , girls weightlifiting varsity, girls track and field varsity, math brain bowl (captain)
Job/Work Experience: Babysitter for a boy with autism and a girl with diabetes
Volunteer/Community service: Tutor in math, science, and Spanish, volunteer at Arnold Palmer’s Hospital for children, church nursery, feeding homeless, etc.
Summer Activities: junior camp counselor, host of induction ceremony
Essays (rating 1-10, details): 7
Recommendations (rating 1-10, details): 8
Teacher Rec #1: MY FAVORITE MATH TEACHER
Teacher Rec #2: MY FAVORITE SPANISH TEACHEERRRRR (I am going to minor in Spanish)
Counselor Rec: She was new but I gave her a lot of my achievements
Additional Rec: The director of volunteer services at the hospital
Interview: Waiting for Ronald Hammond
Other
State (if domestic applicant): FLORIDA
Country (if international applicant):
School Type: Public Magnet
Ethnicity: African American
Gender: Female
Income Bracket: 80k - 100k
Hooks (URM, first generation college, etc.): URM, first generation, parent have high school diploma
Reflection
Strengths: ACT score, some recommendations, the fact that I want to explore another language
Weaknesses: SAT score, guidance counselor rec maybe
Why you think you were accepted/deferred/rejected: GPA, my interest in the school, I’ve called for help about my application about 12 times LOL
Where else were you accepted/deferred/rejected: UCF, FSU
General Comments: I am so HAPPY! Hopefully I can get the Ronald Hammond Scholarship and then my dream will be complete.
WOAH, Edeleman shaved!
ACCEPTED WITH 17K Presidential Scholarship per year!
UW GPA: 3.7 W GPA: 4.8
9 APs
SAT: 1360/2030
ACT: 30
250 hours
Good recommendations and solid essay
ACCEPTED WITH 25000 A YEAR TO UNDERGRAD A&S!
Guys I see undergrad decision mailed but can’t view anything!!! What does this mean what do I do now haha help! XD
You have to click the download/view link