University of Miami Class of 2019 Early Action Results

Son was accepted with 25,000 presidential scholarship

GPA 3.9 UW 4.85 W
Class rank 2 out of 400
NMSF-hoping to get finalist notification this week
8 AP classes and full IB course load
He did put Miami as his first choice school for national merit
Visited the campus last fall

@Phillyy15 Yeah, about the same as a top 10 school.

Congrats to everyone who has gotten in! :slight_smile:

My D from NH got in ! 26k Pres Scholarship plus invite to the scholar weekend. A&S. GPA 2240 4.3w

D got in with 31 act, 4.0 uw gpa… IB student as well as AP classes. 18,000 per year presidential scholarship. :))

accepted 20K, I wish I got 25K lol, paying for this place will be impossible. tuition is like 40K right?

Son accepted with 21K scholie; 9/350 in his class (3.93 UW), IB and AP; 32 ACT; from Michigan

S’s SAT 2230
ACT 35
What is Scholar weekend?

Congrats to everyone.

WE WERE RIGHT! THEY SAVED THE PRESIDENTIAL SCHOLARSHIPS FOR LAST!!! ACCEPTED 20K

Accepted! There’s no mention of any scholarship money in my letter it’s just a congratulations.
Does that mean I won’t be receiving any money?

@cnova11 Did you turn in a financial profile? Because I didn’t and I have to contact my Rep to see what I should do

GOT IN PRESIDENTS SCHOLARSHIP I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

Where are you seeing the scholarship. And did anyone get the scholarship without filing out the financial aid profile. It didn’t say anything with scholarship in the online letter will it be in the mail package

The scholarship was mentioned in the first line of the letter.

@ray260sun‌ i didn’t fill out anything just the regular app and it just says it in the congratulations letter

Delete

@canes19, I did a search on that question and it appearst the person above from NH posting about scholar weekend was about a previous invitation.like Stamps. So their D got an invitation to that weekend plus a 26K presidential. Nice! Our S also got the 26K, but without any invitation to scholar weekend. $104k over four years is nothing to sneeze at and will make decision (over Michigan among others with no aid) hopefully very difficult.

@gchick143‌ YESSSSS CONGRATSS SEE I KNEW YOU WOULD!!!

Were the invites to scholar weekend included in your letters or somewhere else?

Accepted! $26,000 Presidential Scholarship… Contragts to everyone!!