I’ve logged into cane link over 100 times.
@Lgh2015 Sure, I’ll do basic stats:
1430 SAT
3.6 UW GPA
Top 25% @ competitive Florida magnet HS
8 AP’s sophomore year, 2 this year while taking ~40 credit hours at local CC
Hooks: first gen, low-income (30k for family of 5), overcame homelessness
In-state
Major: Bio
No messages so far 
metoo
8 APs Junior year****
Sorry
@askthoreau ok you’re giving me hope that there will maybe be another wave, that is so unbelievable what you and your family have accomplished congrats on achieving so much
If we haven’t heard yet does that mean we were rejected or are acceptances still coming in.
I still haven’t gotten anything from nj , am I supposed to be looking in the communications folder ?
DD was accepted into the Business program with a Presidential Scholarship. I’m not sure when the decision came in but it was after midnight and before 6:00 am today. She is located in MD.
idk i just emailed my rep and i got one of those automatic responses because it says that he is in another admissions committee meeting so who knows what that means
Is anyone else accepted to the Business School and if so are they comparing it to any other business programs that they have been admitted to? Mainly BC?
@CluelessDad313 in order for the scholarship to renew you must keep a 3.0 GPA … I think you get 1 semester warning to bring it up if you fall below a 3.0 … and you must take the full course load within your major. You can’t just take filler classes or drop classes … they want you to graduate in 4 years with your major so it’s a full course load every semester . no dropping classes and you have to keep the 3.0.
I think Miami is a great school for keeping the GPA because of the small classes and close interactive with professors. If you are falling behind of not getting the work they are there for you to help … unlike a big school where there are just to many kids to help one individual.
I am in Engineering and Engineering students have normally lower than average GPAs but I think at Miami I will be Ok … I would worry if the school was really big like my other schools like U Texas.
I’ve been accepted but no mention of a scholarship, does that mean no $ or will it be sent under a different communication? It seems like people found out about $ in their acceptance letter.
My D got in sometime in the middle of the night with Presidential scholarship. She applied for the Jenkins. Even with Presidential its not enough to attend unless financial aid package is good.
I am from northern Virginia, and I applied to business but haven’t gotten a scholarship (yet, hopefully).
Have we determined that if you have a green dot but have not received a deferral that you are most probably denied?
Decision: Accepted!!!
<3
Applied to which school/college: Frost School of Music for Music Education!!! classical piano 
Objective:
SAT I (breakdown): 1420 (700 Reading, 720 Math)
ACT: 29 (not sent)
Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 3.9
Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): 14/103 (transfer - based of weighted…started over when I moved schools)
AP (place score in parenthesis): Human Geo (3), World (3), US History (3), Chem (3), English Lang (3)…currently taking Bio and English Lit
Senior Year Course Load: Honors Amer Gov, Honors Econ, AP Bio, AP Lit, Honors Theology,
Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): AP Scholar, Third place FL Science Fair, National Guild for Piano Playing Member of Preparatory Class, Superiors at Federation Piano Exam and Superiors at Dade County Science Fairs for 2 years
Subjective:
Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): Tri-M Music Honor Society (President), Campus Ministry (secretary), started community service project food drive for homeless people, Choir, Piano accompanist (piano lessons for 14 years, performed at Gusman and Clarke Recital Hall), dance for 2 years, piano teacher, inducted into 8 honor societies, quiz bowl (treasurer)
Job/Work Experience: Private Piano teacher and SAT tutor
Volunteer/Community service: about 75 hours
Summer Activities: UM STA theater summer camp
Essays (rating 1-10, details): seriously I rank it a 9…I worked so hard on it and it came out really well
Recommendations (rating 1-10, details): Rec 1 from science teacher who helped me in science fair, Rec 2 from Frost School alumnus, currently my school’s music director, Rec 3 from my piano teacher with international distinction, I rate them an 8
Counselor Rec: I guess it was good lol she likes I think :3
Interview: interview with music education dean… It went so well, it was 20 minutes long and I got the vibe that he really liked me so that was definitely a contributor.
State (if domestic applicant): Yes I’m domestic, I live like half an hour from the school.
School Type: private, religious
Ethnicity: white
Gender: female
Income Bracket: Ummm, kinda low, like $30 K? Not sure.
No hooks.
Reflection
Strengths: Definitely my SAT and unweighted GPA, and my heavy EC’s. As for the music school, my audition was great. AND my essay for sure, I mentioned how I went to UM for piano exams all the time
Weaknesses: Um my weighted and my class rank. I switched schools so that got really messed up. Plus I didn’t
challenge myself as much as I would have liked my senior year. Needed to focus on my art
Why you think you were accepted: I think I was accepted because my common application was very well rounded and I worked really hard on it, plus my essay
Where else were you accepted/deferred/rejected: Only applied to UM!!! Go Hurricanes!!!
General Comments: IM SO EXCITED CAUSE THE MUSIC SCHOOL IS SO AMAZING OMG I CANT WAIT
Just woke up and checked Cane Link, was accepted to the business school with a Presidential Scholarship. From Massachusetts
@DcMoon34 Just woke up? No school lol?
I never had the green dot and I was just accepted this morning in Florida to the Engineering school with a Presidential Scholarship.
GPA 3.96
ACT 34
SAT 1980
Cheer Captain, NHS, Interact, Student Council Rep, Senior Class Secretary, FBLA
10 APs, 7 Dual Enrollments
Congratulations! You all deserve your acceptances!