University of Miami Class of 2019 Early Action Results

@Questionscollege‌ Hmm, I’m not sure as to why you didn’t receive another message. On my communications I had 5 messages and the 5th was the actual letter telling me of my acceptance. You’ll have to wait then, or you can call.

@hrm1220‌ i just went through the posts around 150 i didnt see it?

The Presidential Scholarships are merit-based only - has nothing to do with financial need or whether or not you submitted financial documentation. If you meet the criteria for financial aid, they factor the Presidential Scholarship into the equation so you could still receive need-based aid in addition to the merit-based scholarship.

@itstamara‌ ok thank you! also, anyone know how they got scholarships? did they apply for them or are they just random for applicants?

has anyone got accepted without sending their financial aid information? i kinda think thats why i havent receieved my deciison

@questionscollege that was an estimate, i remember reading it somewhere around there. Also my notification center is the same, just those 4 notifications.

@HolmesOG You can get both? :frowning: I figured that I didn’t get the presidential scholarship because I was in contention for the Ronald Hammond. When did u apply for the Hammond?

EDIT: Well I mean I guess the same could still apply and I will qualify for the full tuition. I’m hoping that’s why I didn’t get offered the presidential scholarship!

@Questionscollege‌ You’re welcome! And for scholarships you don’t have to apply separately, you are automatically considered for it when you apply. Whether you get it or not is based on your achievements and academics. :slight_smile:

@itstamara‌ ok thank you! if you already got in congrats! if still waiting good luck!!! :slight_smile:

how many people havent heard back? like my post to see the total number

@CaliCash‌ I submitted my application on the 17th :frowning: but I called and she said my application was good to go and under review. We should hear back some time this week. You can get presidential scholarship even if you’re in the running for full tuition. They simply upgrade it

@Questionscollege‌ I got in but I didn’t receive any information about the Presidential Scholarship. :frowning:

My daughter did not file any financial documents and got the presidential. Also, I think there were a handful of acceptances of students that had green dots. Whatever it signifies it isn’t acceptance/deferral/rejection, apparently.

@HolmesOG well I’m hoping that’s not the case because the Ronald A Hammond is far more selective than the presidential scholarship :frowning: Ughhhhhhh I wish I qualified for lots of need based aid so I don’t need to worry

A good friend just got in at noon he has had the dot the whole time.

but the dot goes away once your accepted so anyone who checked after they got in would say they didnt have the dot.

@CaliCash‌ well hopefully we can both get interviews haha… Good luck tho!

My deferral is still not here…

I never even learned about the Hammond. Is it for a certain group of people?

@Kazy11‌ no :frowning: I didn’t hear but I have a feeling it’s a no. Where else did you apply/is miami a top choice for you?