University of Miami Class of 2019 Early Action Results

I called admissions and they said that if there was no mention of a scholarship in your letter then you will not be receiving one. I was hoping for something but now I have to hope I get need based!

Yeah I don’t know, I don’t even know if they’ve sent out interview invites for the Hammond scholarship?

@jsj916‌ :’(

If there was no scholarship info in my acceptance letter does that mean I didn’t get any?

@CRJ803‌ I’m on the same boat as you are, and I think you’re correct. If there is no mention of a scholarship in your letter, then you’ve received no money. :neutral_face:

@asticca16 @CaliCash @Katarzyna Looks like that Super Bowl party may be a reality after all!

Have they released Northeast decisions yet?

how can you see the acceptance letter? i try to click on download but it doesn’t work. thank you!! congrats to whoever else was accepted today :slight_smile:

@winstonjerome I don’t think it is geographic because people from Massachusetts have found out and other haven’t. (I would be one of the ones who hasn’t)

@xtina1001 did you try to disable your popup blocker?

The sad thing is, even with the 25k/year scholarship, it’ll cost around an additional 35k/year to attend. Alabama, here I come lol

I’m so anxious for the Ronald A. Hammond email to come. And when I went to an admissions meeting, I asked a financial representative and he said that even if you are an applicant to the RAH scholarship, you can still be offered a presidential scholarship. If you win the RAH scholarship, they will replace the presidential with the the RAH. If you don’t get the RAH, you will keep the presidential scholarship. That makes it easier for them. Hope this cleared things up.

@Phillyy15‌ Haha, true. The thing is UM’s Presidential scholarships are meant to only only cover tuition, which is about half of what UM costs. I’m just waiting on Friday to hear from UF now!

@Phillyy15‌ Yeah I feel that. UM is great, but it would still cost me 44,000 to go there even with 18k scholarship. I have a full ride at FIU, almost a full ride as USF, and better offers from UNH and UMass… I’m just going to wait for UF and see what happens after that. It’s just not worth spending 100,000+ on a bachelor’s degree, especially if you want to go to med school like I do.

anyone from NJ and/or Marine Biology get acceptance today ?

@jerseygirl8‌ I’m a sophomore Marine Science student from NJ. Let me know if you have any questions about MSC, RSMAS, or UM in general.

@jerseygirl8 I’m from jersey and people have heard in my school a few deferrals and acceptances

Where do yall live? @Katarzyna‌ @itstamara‌ I’m near Tampa

@Phillyy15‌ I’m from Miami and maintain a residence maybe 15 minutes from UM campus, but I go to school and live up in NH. I’m going to be visiting Tampa at the end of the month to see USF!

yes.