University of Miami Class of 2019 Early Action Results

Woohoo!! I’m hoping for UF too!! I’m glad I’m not the only one :slight_smile:

@itstamara yes, there’s some extra text on the physical acceptance letter but the scholarship info is the same!

@haleyjames23‌ i have the exact same stats as you and was also hoping for some sort of merit money. very confused…

@seattleseahawk‌ I got 18k and I have a 32 on ACT too, so I guess the money is determined on everything together.

@haleyjames23‌ which school did you apply to?

Applied to Frost School of Music for the Commercial Music & Production Major, still haven’t gotten a decision. Did anyone get into that program yet? I’m really nervous because they don’t take many people…

@haleyjames23 - my son also just got in with a 32 ACT and 3.75 GPA. No $ either… Strange. I would have thought he would have gotten something (got into Business Finance)

@hrm1220 did you hear back yet?

@seattleseahawk‌ i applied to the college of Arts and Sciences - biology. and @Katarzyna maybe, but I played two varsity sports, interned at a hospital, in NHS, and took a premedical course…

@CaliCash‌ No you could still get the RAH scholarship. President scholarships are apparently based on only merit success, but RAH looks for URM youth who have good achievements, extracurriculars, leadership, along with good stats (just meet the minimum requirements of 28 or above on ACT and 1250 or higher on SAT and you could still get it) and an interview, so you could still be in the running. Don’t worry. An email will come in a few days and it will all go from there.

If I got accepted to Miami is it safe to say I have a good chance at UF too?

@alb1129‌ Ah I see. I was hoping for something different because I didn’t see any scholarship information on my online letter and I haven’t been mailed my physical letter yet.

@farahnj not yet. I emailed my rep and he said that they had a huge glitch and are trying to get decisions up by tomorrow night.

@esereht694290‌ UF completely different. People get accepted at UM and rejected at UF and vice versa. UF is more of a lottery. At least with UF we know for sure the date is this Friday!

I got 25k with 33 ACT and a 4.0 unweighted

@Katarzyna‌ It’s not that UF is more of a lottery, it’s because they are more holistic based.

That’s what they tell you @itstamara lol

@itstamara‌ “Holistic” is basically college speak for lottery :stuck_out_tongue:

@aer102911‌
Thanks!

@Phillyy15‌ @Katarzyna‌ True. Haha. Are both of you aiming for UF?