@Oceanchem
That’s so nice! UM is my 1st choice - already accepted at 3 other schools for Marine Bio with great scholarships - but, of course I dream of RSMAS. If (when - i hope) I get in I am coming for Preview U on feb 15 - maybe i could contact you?
No. I visited in the summer and grew up a gator fan but after visiting Alabama, I decided I liked it so much better that I didn’t even apply
I’m a legacy at UF. My mom got her bachelor’s there so I’m really hoping for it. I am a huge Gators fan too!
@Phillyy15 Oh I see. And I read earlier that you got a scholarship for Bama? Congrats!!
@Katarzyna Oh wow!! We’ll just have to wait till Friday! I’m nervous but excited at the same time! I wanna go to UF so bad!
@itstamara Me too! USF is looking pretty good too though. I have to visit the campus, but they gave me scholarships and honor college so I think that sound pretty good!
@Katarzyna I didn’t apply to USF, but my dad wanted me to. My second choice will have to be FSU. I got in already but I haven’t heard anything about scholarships from them. However, FSU is pretty far north in FL!!
Accepted today for Biomedical Engineering with $26,000 per year!
Stats: 33 ACT, 3.9 unweighted, 4.7 weighted. Took a very challenging and completely full course load throughout past 4 years. Had many EC, but I’m assuming since it’s merit they don’t take into account extracurriculars for the Presidents scholarship.
DM me for the link to the FB page
@itstamara do you think scholarships are coming from fsu? i was confused why they didnt give any info on it yet.
I just opened my CaneLink Student Center. Does the green check at the bottom saying admitted mean that I really got in??
@Lgh2015 I have no clue. My sister (who also applied and got in) said that we should’ve already been notified of them… But for now I haven’t received anything on scholarships…
I am surprised and disappointed that so many Early Action admittees get zero in scholarship money. Aren’t these the students the university supposedly really wants? I mean, if they’re not worth a little money, why not just defer them?
@lwebs97 Yes!
Does anyone know if Florida offers merit scholarships? S will hear from them on Friday. Every other school is April 1.
If S makes national merit finalist and leaves Miami as his first choice school, would the money they offer be in addition to the presidential scholarship?
@lwebs97 did you have a green dot? and do you think that you just got the acceptance or that it has been up all day
Link to FB page https://www.facebook.com/groups/526240844182238/
I don’t see a green dot anywhere… And I don’t know when I got it, I thought we were supposed to get an email, but I just checked the CaneLink website and it says “Admitted”… This means I got in right??
@juergensen merit scholarships are given to entice top students to accept Univeristy of Miami admittance…I dont’ think it matters when you apply … it is the grades and only the grades and scores that get you the scholarships. I don’t see anyone on here with top scores saying they didn’t get money offered.
I don’t understand how people with the same scores/GPA as me got no money or like 5k more than I did. It’s confusing…
@nickhart there are some people with average SAT scores that got it. So I am confused