University of Michigan Early Action / Early Decision Class of 2030 Official Thread

Had the best Admitted Students Day visit Friday. Weather was magnificent. Lunch at MOJO was delicious. Being back got all the happy endorphins flowing. Our daughter is beyond excited. She met her roommate, whom she found on Instagram, and they were happily planning all the good things to come. Got to watch hoops and hockey in A2. Life is good. :part_alternation_mark:

6 Likes

S26 officially committed to Michigan today! We are so excited for him to begin this new chapter!

8 Likes

That’s great to hear! Our revisit a couple years ago is what ultimately cemented UMich for our kids. Go Blue!

ETA: strongly encourage anyone on the fence to visit A2. It’s a special place.

Congratulations. So exciting.

1 Like

Yes. This is what to do if you can. It’s such a different experience visiting than reading everything online. I realize that sime just can’t but for those that can….. I don’t remember meeting people that visited and didn’t attend. I am sure many don’t. But you feel the magic when there. Hard to explain. I am sure others have this feeling at other places they apply to also.

Good luck and Go Blue!

1 Like

Heading to Indianapolis on Friday. Sing it with me . . . it’s great to be . . . :yellow_heart: :blue_heart:

3 Likes

My daughter will be committing to Michigan too! We went for the Campus Day events and absolutely loved it! If possible I would recommend to attend Campus Day!

2 Likes

Awesome!! Big Congratulations to your daughter and family.

2 Likes

Ugh. I am out of the country and the game is on at 2:30 am….. Go Blue.

It will be worth staying up for (or waking up for)! LGB!

Haha. I did that for two games ago. Woke up at half time. Probably do the same.

You should know better than to travel internationally at the end of March/beginning of April! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

GO BLUE.

One more, gang. One more.

2 Likes

I have UConn VS Michigan on my two ESPN cards. Let’s Go! Go Blue!

1 Like

We’re in Indy, too, with our daughter who will be starting UM this fall. A win would be a heckuva cherry on top of her acceptance sundae. :part_alternation_mark::part_alternation_mark::part_alternation_mark::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

2 Likes

An interesting read… UM’s admission rate shrank to 12.5% this cycle with projections of it declining further, perhaps to 11% in the next couple of cycles.

https://orieladmissions.com/university-of-michigan-acceptance-rate-class-of-2030/#:~:text=The%20University%20of%20Michigan%20received,for%20the%20Class%20of%202028

Interesting! Has Michigan released these numbers? Curious about the source.

Would also note that this piece says Michigan required test scores this application cycle, which isn’t the case.

1 Like

This has been predicted. I will have to do a deeper dive into this. But yea, it’s getting harder and harder each passing year.

Also in past year’s these numbers haven’t been known till late summer. It’s not even May 1st yet so they won’t have all their numbers yet.

Go Blue for winning the Men’s Basketball championship!!

But they have lots of top caliper teams, performances, Art, Music etc etc. So much to see and experience as a student that people just don’t have an appreciation for. It’s rare to have all of this with top quality labs and world class Professors and staff. Plus a great campus.

Hope others sitting on the fence that can afford the school take all of this into consideration.

Go Blue!

1 Like