University of Michigan Early Action / Early Decision Class of 2030 Official Thread

ZIngerman’s deli. Yum.

2 Likes

University of Michigan posted about squirrels yesterday and posted the cube four days ago (Facebook.)

1 Like

I saw a few people on FB post that they were accepted this week RD but all were in music, theater, etc. (audition-required majors) so maybe that was the reference?

3 Likes

Good point!

Why You Should Attend Campus Day | University of Michigan Office of Undergraduate Admissions https://share.google/PDnjKZpxVzQEP7h1H

So one of the funny/interesting things on when we went to campus day that I posted above with our son, at the “parents “lunch, everyone at our table from all across the US and beyond students were rejected from other school’s. It was a very impressive list of who who’s colleges. Just name a college and someone got rejected from it :sob:… But yet, we were all there with our kid’s accepted to Michigan….. It was easy to laugh about it after the fact.

So just remember. No matter which school you end up at, it’s someone else’s #1. I hope you all end up at Michigan.

6 Likes

Well, how far in March Maddness will Michigan men’s basketball go? Isn’t that what’s on everyone’s mind? :basketball::grin:

They are strong title contenders….

Will be interesting. Purdue exposed them a bit but that was a good wake up call. Should be fun.

1 Like

All these schools should release RD decisions BEFORE the tourney so we know who to root for (and against), lol

4 Likes

Couldn’t agree more! Currently planning to hate watch a school where my kid is waitlisted and am decked out in the “clubhouse leader” in terms of schools he’s likely to attend. That said, final verdicts would be helpful as it will trigger what my kid calls “merch madness,” the full stocking of swag when the decision is final.

1 Like

Don’t hatewatch a waitlist. They may get in. Only hatewatch rejections (here’s looking at you, Vandy).

3 Likes

Good points. All I can tell you is University of Miami - Ohio application pool will increase (plus it’s a great school).

1 Like

For this moment, of this day, I’m a TCU fan. Go Frogs!!!

1 Like

For now I’m a UVA fan but that could change tomorrow, next weds, thurs, fri or the following monday….

I’ve got Michigan going to final four but Duke taking it all. But my predictions may not be very good…Duke is currently trailing 16th seed Siena by double digits n the second half.

Haha. Not anymore….. Give Siena credit. They are only playing like 5 guys most of the game.

2 Likes

Their admissions staff must be jumping up and down- that is a small school, with direct admission on niche etc - I haven’t looked up finance but that size, private in northeast is often in iffy position! Wish them well - what a game!

1 Like

Yep. I have helped a neighbors kid get in there with merit. It’s a great school.

In the past there was some theories about when Michigan plays and releases. It won’t be tonight. But I would think next week could be in play. That would be so cool. Michigan wins and then they release early :smiling_face_with_sunglasses:

2 Likes

Cube posted today on FB. https://www.facebook.com/share/1D3JcVfJMy/?mibextid=wwXIfr