UNH also posted this on its Instagram page, around the same time as the Honors College notification:
Congratulations! What was his stats if you don’t mind sharing?
Thank you!
OOS
GPA UW/W 4.0/4.56
SAT 1330
Strong EC and AP
Did he submit the SAT?
DD accepted with Trustee’s Scholarship and into the Honors college. She is from OOS but this is a great option. Offered $19k total merit aid. Accepted into the Paul School of Business for Econ.
gpa 4.0/4.9
ACT 35
8 APs/IBs
She’s very excited!
Wow, congratulations! That is a big accomplishment.
I was taking a break from this thread after my daughter was accepted in the ea first wave with a trustees scholarship. I am hoping she is offered a spot in the honors program because I think that will bump up UNH even more over the other more expensive private schools where she has applied.
Based on previous posts, it seemed honors invites might be coming out in mid-January. However, I just saw in the thread that a couple students have already been offered spots (congrats!) Thoughts on if that first wave cut for honors is complete? Facts and speculation are all welcome! ![]()
I have no direct knowledge, so this is speculation, but I would imagine that they will continue rolling them out, so don’t lose hope. Additionally, I would also recommend not taking “no” for an answer and pressuring them a little. You need to make sure this is #1 choice before taking this step however.
On this message board last school year, a number of applicants accepted on 12/20 heard about Honors around January 9th (before the next wave of EA announcements). I would second the suggestion of being proactive if you don’t hear anything by January 10th.
Huge Congrats!! 19k is more than what they publish for oos merit (14k on their website) so they must really want your daughter!!
anyone have any idea when the next wave is coming out?
It should be mid to late Jan based on previous years.
Yes my OOS daughter is still waiting also!
OOS son is also waiting! ![]()
Daughter just received official admissions packet in the mail. It is very nicely done. Package of nicely printed postcards emphasizing Internships, student clubs, study abroad, residence halls/student life, athletics, and academics. Very nicely done. UNH seems to be really emphasizing the schools location in particular.
That sounds so fun to receive in the mail! I love that colleges still send snail mail!
Hoping one comes for my daughter soon as well (she was accepted last month)!
Our packet of printed postcards came in today’s mail- I agree very well done and fun to receive!
My daughter still hasn’t heard about Honors so not sure if she should just assume she didn’t get in (it’s been about 3 weeks) or if she should email to ask if they are still releasing those decisions?
My son also received his packet today via mail. The accompanying letter mentioned the merit award as well as admission to the Honors College. Last year, notification for honors happened a few weeks after the first wave of EA. I would doubt that UNH has filled out its Fall 2024 Honors College class. I encourage your daughter to reach out and express her interest, particularly if she received a strong merit award.
Thank you - I will encourage her to send the email to inquire about Honors.
She received the 14k merit in the initial acceptance email.
I don’t think she’d go to UNH if she weren’t in Honors to be honest so I’d love to see her express interest instead of being stubborn and assuming she just didn’t get in.

