<p>I am a high school senior. I have a 3.91 GPA (4.23 weighted) and I will have taken 8 AP classes by the end of this year.
Freshman year was a bad year for me. I got a 3.8 gpa
Sophmore year I got a 3.88
Junior year I a 4.2
This year so far I have a 4.2 again.</p>
<p>Extracurriculars:
Baseball JV/V (9,10,12)
Golf JV (10,11)
Travel Baseball outside school (9,10,11,12)
Travel Soccer outside school (9)
I have played international baseball tournaments in Australia (9,11)
I am in 2 clubs
Key Club (12)
Pay it Forward (11,12)
I am doing a charity event which provides starving families with nonperishable foods which I’m part of the Board of Directors for
I did a summer internship with a medical doctor (11)
I did accounting for my dad’s office (10,11,12)
AP Scholar award (12)
CSF (11,12)
I coach a baseball team named RBI (reviving baseball in inner cities)</p>
<p>Hooks: Minority (Half African half white)</p>
<p>Essays: Very powerful, well-written essays</p>
<p>Standardized Test Scores:
SAT1: 1850 (570CR, 630M, 650W)
I take it again and realistically, I feel I can get a 2000.</p>
<p>Please chances me for the Universities listed above, and I will chance back.</p>
<p>I disagree with what some others said
Assuming you’re catholic and get at least 2000, especially since you’re black I would say…
USF- safety
USD- low match/safety
UDub- I dont really know about but looking at my schools naviance (private catholic school in CA) I would say match.
NYU- high match</p>
<p>I don’t know enough about these colleges to judge. I only know NYU. </p>
<p>I think you’re main problem is your extracurriculars. I don’t see anything too bad with your GPA. Your SAT right now is low, but like you said, it’ll be 2000. Your ECs need to have more leadership, and not just clubs you joined as an upperclassmen. Use your essays well.</p>
<p>Match for University of San Diego and University of San Francisco for sure. I don’t know the other schools well enough but NYU as of now is a reach. Keep working at it though.
Because you’re a minority and your intership, I think you’re in good shape over all!
ECs could use a bit more work and a 2000 would help a lot!
Thanks for chancing me! c:</p>